Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Death of William C Farmer
Posted by: Majorkahuna (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2015 01:58PM
My brother will no longer be visiting this site. He is off in the ethos somewhere. I believe that leaves me and DSF as the only living people that knew CAS. I was also great friends with Ethel Heiple and knew Geniveve Scully casually. There may still be others however I do not know them. I was only 11 when CAS died but I have very strong memories of walks and talks with him on his property. The two sculptures and drawing he gave me are posted on this site.

My brother was the most pompous ass I have ever known and we were never close. He was also one of the most educated and knowledgable man I have ever known, next to me of course. LOL. In spite of that I will miss him.

Hopefully you have all captured my brother's memories as he perhaps knew CAS better than anyone living.

Below is a link to his Obit.

[obits.caller.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28 Jun 15 | 01:59PM by Majorkahuna.

Re: Death of William C Farmer
Posted by: Ancient History (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2015 03:23PM
My condolences on your loss. Thanks for letting us know.

Posted by: casofile (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2015 10:05PM
Very saddened to hear of the passing of William Farmer, especially after attending the memorial service for my mother this afternoon.

I think there are at least three other people living in Auburn who still remember Smith, but have not checked in on them in quite a while, so I can't say for certain.

I,(and most likely others) have collected most, if not all of the postings of Dr. Farmer relating to CAS, as they do make for fascinating reading.

I fondly recall visiting Bill and Sarah in Corpus Christi and going over the cache of writings that CAS left him. Wonderful, generous folks and my thoughts and prayers go out to Sarah at this time.

Ave atque vale, Dr. Farmer.
-Ron

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2015 03:41AM
So sorry to hear this. :( We exchanged a few e-mails years ago and he always replied with kindness and patience.

Posted by: Jojo Lapin X (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2015 03:10PM
Majorkahuna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My brother was the most pompous ass I have ever
> known

There are far more pompous asses out there, I assure you, but I know what you mean. Nevertheless, please accept my condolences.

Posted by: jdworth (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2015 04:19AM
Though I certainly never knew him personally, what few exchanges I had with Dr. Farmer always left me with the impression of a generous and good man. I am saddened at his death; and I, too, wish to send my condolences....

Posted by: Shimrod (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2015 03:27PM
I'm saddened by this news. I've been lurking at eldritchdark.com for years, and I've enjoyed reading Dr. Farmer's posts, which were like windows into an earlier era.

Posted by: wilum pugmire (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2015 04:10PM
I enjoy'd his friendship and being on panels with him, as he always made them lively. I will miss him, and send my fond regards to his family.

"I'm a little girl."
--H. P. Lovecraft, Esq.

Posted by: dcspring (IP Logged)
Date: 9 July, 2015 01:40PM
I started working on a documentary about CAS a few months ago with Donald Sidney-Fryer. Mr. Farmer was one of the first people I contacted for an interview and we had a couple phone conversations and exchanged emails. I was all set to meet him in Portland for an interview when he was forced to cancel because of his health. He was so kind to keep informing me of his progress and offered to put me up in his home (so we could conduct a filmed interview) if he recovered from his surgery. Very sad news and my condolences to his family.

Posted by: Fiendlover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2015 11:24PM
I was lucky enough to exchange a few emails with him but I never knew him as well as I would like. My condolences.

Posted by: K.A. Opperman (IP Logged)
Date: 22 July, 2015 12:24AM
I was very saddened to learn of Dr. Farmer's passing. Though I unfortunately never met him in person, we exchanged many emails, and he always struck me as not only profoundly intelligent, but as very kind and generous as well. He helped me get in contact with Donald Sidney-Fryer, wrote a letter of recommendation on my behalf to a publisher, and supplied the Preface to my new book--words that are now very dear and special to me. If not for him, I probably wouldn't be where I am today. Rest in peace, sir. Now at last you can see your old friend Clark again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22 Jul 15 | 12:25AM by K.A. Opperman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page