Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Flight into Supertime
Posted by: fluffinonit (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2015 04:34PM
Greetings,

New member here, been a fan of CAS for over 40 years.

I found this story (published as "Flight into Super-Time") in a copy of Wonder Stories, Aug 1932. I found an image from the magazine on Eldritch Dark but the short story itself isn't listed. Is this a case where the story can't be put on the site for copyright reasons?

Also, is there a list somewhere of any other stories by CAS that are not on Eldritch Dark? I'm hunting.

Regards

Re: Flight into Supertime
Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2015 06:07PM
Look for it under its real title, "The Letter from Mohaun Los".

Posted by: fluffinonit (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2015 06:15AM
Ah, thanks Martinus!

Posted by: Kipling (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2015 06:16PM
Silly title-change there by the editor(s)of WS... I've a number of Smith's tales that were cut out from the pulps they appeared in, including that one. Mohaun Los impressed me almost as much as "The City of the Singing Flame" did when I first read them in the Nevil-Spearman reprints. Was that where you discovered CAS? "The Door to Saturn" is really just cheap pulp hackwork (like the aforementioned stack) by comparison, but is more familiar to the general reader because it's much shorter, and was reprinted in one of those "wonder"ful Wollheim digests.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17 Jul 15 | 06:24PM by Kipling.

Posted by: Kipling (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2015 02:53PM
Kipling Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "cheap pulp hackwork"-- referring, facetiously of course, to the meandering and uninteresting plot, the style being exemplary. It was rejected 3 times by Weird Tales editor Farnsworth Wright, so the plot was apparently unsalvageable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page