Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Critical work on CAS' poetry
Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2004 08:54PM
Hej!

Scott Connors wrote in another thread:

"I am happy to announce that the next LOST WORLDS will contain an in-depth examination of CAS' poetry by none other than Fred Chappell, Poet-Laureate of North Carolina and gen-U-wine lit'rare-E Big Shot. Should be a good one."

Well, as long as I can raise a pen I shall be trying to write anent CAS. I'm about half way through a piece on the beloved in his verse, and I'm making plans continually to write more.

What I was wondering, though, was why not encourage more people to write about the verse, and assembling a list of places amenable to lit crit anent him? I'm sure we've enough talent here, discounting my minor efforts (although, looking at the word-count of my last effort I'm sure Scott mayn't agree to wholeheartedly...*grin*).

A file of amenable markets for criticism would be helpful, and make an interesting page for here.

Also, as a side note, if any of you would like to contribute readings of anything by CAS, and join the ones I'm sending in to Boyd, feel free; also feel free to discuss them here if you want, and let me know how helpful my feeble efforts are. Such feedback would be enormously appreciated.

Phillip

Re: Critical work on CAS' poetry
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2004 09:42PM
" I'm about half way through a piece on the beloved in his verse...." Gawd, Philip, then what is that 9000+ word monstrosity of yours I'm reading now?!?!?!?! "The Never-Ending Essay?" Seriously, I'm reading your piece on the Christopher des Laurieres poems and will be getting back to you soon.
Incidentally, LOST WORLDS has been accepted by the Modern Language Association, which means that publication in our pages by academic types counts for publication requirements in gaining tenure. This should help a lot.
As far as venues for CAS go at the moment, besides LOST WORLDS we have STUDIES IN MODERN FANTASY from Seele-Brennt, STUDIES IN WEIRD FICTION from Necronomicon Press (yes, they are publishing again), WORMWOOD from Tartarus Press. So you see, if someone wants to write about CAS and does a decent job of it, there are outlets available.
Best,
Scott

Re: Critical work on CAS' poetry
Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2004 01:58AM
"Gawd, Philip, then what is that 9000+ word monstrosity of yours I'm reading now?!?!?!?! "The Never-Ending Essay?""

Almost, Scott, though I am working on the annoying theme song even as I speak.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page