Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Clark Ashton Smith Documentary!
Posted by: K.A. Opperman (IP Logged)
Date: 3 May, 2016 08:44PM
I'm unsure if this has been posted about here before (if it has, I apologize!), but I urge all of you to consider supporting this groundbreaking documentary on The Emperor of Dreams himself. Filmmaker Darin Coelho Spring needs your help to fund this wonderful project which, when completed, will surely help cement Smith's reputation for future generations. The film with feature interviews with such individuals as S. T. Joshi, Wilum Pugmire, Donald Sidney-Fryer, Harlan Ellison, and many others. It will also feature an original score themed on The City of the Singing Flame by composer Peter Scartabello. Go ahead, watch the trailer and see!

[www.indiegogo.com]

Re: Clark Ashton Smith Documentary!
Date: 10 May, 2016 01:17AM
New perk added! "2 Tomes of Weird Poetry" Only two of these are available, claim one while you can....

Posted by: Nutmidas (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2016 03:20PM
Did the indiegogo campaign just end? I found out about it today and went to contribute, and it looks like I'm a day late. Do you need more funding or plan on another type of funding campaign?

Date: 31 May, 2016 11:05PM
Yes, the campaign just ended. Contact Darin Coelho Spring at this address: darincoelho@gmail.com. He still has some of the campaign perk items for sale. Maybe a contribution could be arranged informally...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31 May 16 | 11:08PM by K.A. Opperman.

Posted by: SeventhSon (IP Logged)
Date: 9 June, 2016 08:39AM
Is this documentary being shot? I can't wait to see it : )

Posted by: dhussey (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2018 07:44PM
CLARK ASHTON SMITH: THE EMPEROR OF DREAMS, directed by Darin Coelho Spring, will be released this fall by Hippocampus Press. A special 30-minute preview will screen at the H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival in Providence, RI on August 19th, introduced by Donald Sidney-Fryer. Here's the first trailer!

[vimeo.com]

Posted by: Oldjoe (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2018 09:25AM
The trailer looks great - can't wait to see the full documentary!

Posted by: Nils (IP Logged)
Date: 17 August, 2018 05:16AM
I've backed this project together with some friends in 2016 and never heard of it again. Good to see that something has been done with the money in between.

Posted by: Jeff Gilleland (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2018 09:14AM
Per the Norther California world premier.
[www.facebook.com]
Clark Ashton Smith: The Emperor of Dreams Documentary Screening
clock

Friday, October 26, 2018 at 5 PM – 11:59 PM
at Volution Gallery
452 Main St, Placerville, California 95667

Please join us for the first Northern Californian screening of Clark Ashton Smith: The Emperor of Dreams. The film runs 1 hour 50 minutes and is the first in-depth look at the life and work of the legendary "Bard of Auburn."

Original artworks of Clark Ashton Smith on display as well as prints of The Art Of Skinner who did the DVD cover for the film.

A limited amount of DVD and Blurays of the film will be on sale in anticipation of its October 31st release by Hippocampus Press.

Interviewees from the film Scott Connors and Ashley Dioses will be in attendance!

Posted by: Oldjoe (IP Logged)
Date: 18 December, 2018 06:02PM
Finally got to see this documentary, and it was worth the wait. Quite a few selections from CAS' poetry are included (read by CAS and others), as are many views of his paintings and sculptures. The film does a great job of considering CAS' artistic output as a whole, which makes it very worthwhile.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page