Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Annotated CAS texts on-site
Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2004 08:36PM
While I've been working on an index of the nonfiction material here, on-site, I've been noticing that the notes and annotations appear to be from the original publications, from internal evidence only.

What I've strarted thinking is this. We should have enough talent here to provide our own annotations, and should, in fact, supply them for the texts. I've a fairly decent grasp of literature, and some of general knowledge, knowing who Lafcadio Hearn and Charles Fort are, for example, and somewhat of their import as well.

I'm willing to do most of such work, and would welcome others to help provide suitable annotations. When it comes to the colleagues and influences of CAS, we could provide hyperlinks to the requisite page; indeed, that page could be adapted to contain potted bios and summaries of the import of most individuals, along with the links.

The point is, basically, to increase however lightly the content of this site, and to help make the information within CAS' writing more accessible to both newcomers, and to those with a less widespread knowledge than such as I. Another point is to try and do all the work on a given document as once, giving Boyd less work than otherwise might be required.

Phillip

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page