Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
outloud
Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2005 06:10PM
Dear friends: I would be curious to know whether any of you are teachers and have shared CAS with your class. I have a number of HS aged students I have tutored in recent years whose interest in reading and writing has been piqued by reading the stories.
I would also like to know whether there be any out there (besides myself and Don Fryer) who regularly do poetry reading events in either private or public venues and read Clark's stuff to your audience. At the book signing for "Zagan" at Barnes & Nobles both Don and I shared our approaches with the audience, Don, as usual, accompanying himself on the bass lute. I read the 1928 love poem from the book, which was well received. Don performed for the students in my son-in-law's HS orchestra class and provoked considerable interest.
How are you sharing your love of his work? please let me know -- I am sure this creative collection of folks must surely have some interesting things to share in this arena -
drf

Re: outloud
Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2005 04:03PM
I must admit to being too, how shall I say, shy to do public readings. But I loan my books, reccomend people to the website, and I have vague plans for something to pass around the speciality bookstores. More on that later.

*Author of Strange Gardens [www.lulu.com]

*Editor of Calenture: a Journal of Studies in Speculative Verse [calenture.fcpages.com]

*Visit my homepage: [voleboy.freewebpages.org]

Re: outloud
Posted by: Kyberean (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2005 05:18PM
Well, there's no way to say this without sounding obnoxious, but it's relevant, I suppose. I tend to date women who are much younger than myself. Without exception, I introduce and expose them to the works of CAS. I know that I have helped to enlarge his circle of admirers at least somewhat in this way, and I hope that, even long after "passion's trance is overpast", the memory of CAS's work will remain, and will cause these women to deepen their initial impressions of him and his oeuvre.

I've read his works aloud to my girlfriends, too. Lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page