Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Idenitfy this peom
Posted by: Tihmesitus (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2005 06:54PM
I have this habit of reading the poetry and short stories of C.A.S. when I am very tired. It usually inspires some fantastic dreams. The downside is I don't always remember exactly what I read until I read it when I am fully awake.

Now this habit of mine has cost me some small amount of sanity as I know I read a poem or short story of C.A.S. but I cannot find it and don't know the name of it. I am hoping someone on these boards can help me. The work speaks of "memory" and a "demon" talking about the passing of time. One of the two speaks of the creatures that used to inhabit an area around a certain river named "than" but they cannot recall what these creatures called themselves. The only thing they remember is that the creatures name for themselves rhymed with "than".

Is this some work of C.A.S or is it by one of his contemporaries such as Lovecraft?

Re: Idenitfy this peom
Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2005 02:56AM
You are referring to the prose poem "Memory" by H. P. Lovecraft. Can be found in MISCELLANEOUS WRITINGS (1995).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27 Sep 05 | 02:58AM by Martinus.

Re: Idenitfy this peom
Posted by: Tihmesitus (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2005 08:50PM
Ahhhhh, many thanks for your aid in tracking down this poem. It has been a splinter in my mind for some time now. I think I'll read it now as it is close to bedtime and I am tired. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page