Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Unspeakably blasphemous sign in THE BEAST OF AVEROIGNE
Posted by: Minicthulhu (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2018 11:13AM
Hi,

My question is simple; does "the unspeakably blasphemous sign of its presence" mean the creature has really defecated in the chapel?

There are strange whispers among the brothers, who believe that Satan himself has risen to haunt us. Several have met the Beast even in the chapel, where it has left an unspeakably blasphemous sign of its presence. Bolts and locks are vain against it; and vain is the lifted cross to drive it away. It comes and goes at its own choosing; and they who behold it flee in irrestrainable terror. None knows where it will strike next; and there are those among the brothers who believe it menaces me, the elected abbot of Perigon; since many have seen it gliding along the hall outside my cell. And Brother Constantin, the cellarer, who returned late from a visit to Vyones not long ago, swears that he saw it by moonlight as it climbed the wall toward that window of my cell which faces the great forest. And seeing Constantin, the thing dropped to the ground like a huge ape and vanished among the trees.

Re: Unspeakably blasphemous sign in THE BEAST OF AVEROIGNE
Posted by: Ancient History (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2018 10:13AM
That's getting crap past the radar...

Re: Unspeakably blasphemous sign in THE BEAST OF AVEROIGNE
Posted by: Platypus (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2018 06:28PM
Who knows what it did? Whatever it was, it was unspeakable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page