Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
WWI horror
Posted by: Minicthulhu (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 01:27PM
Can anybody recommend a horror/weird/scifi book or a short story taking place during the Great War? I know Abraham Merritt wrote "Three Lines of Old French" but that is all.

Re: WWI horror
Posted by: Dale Nelson (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 01:30PM
Arthur Machen's The Terror.

Date: 31 March, 2019 02:03PM
It seems I expressed myself badly; what I mean are horro stories the plot of which takes place on the battlefields, the trenches, the no-man land etc.

Posted by: Dale Nelson (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 04:27PM
Lovecraft's "The Temple."

Posted by: Ken K. (IP Logged)
Date: 1 April, 2019 04:43PM
Kim Newman's novel The Bloody Red Baron takes place during WW1 and includes scenes set in the trenches.

Posted by: Platypus (IP Logged)
Date: 1 April, 2019 08:07PM
Lovecraft's "Dagon" and the 5th episode of "Herbert West: Reanimator" take place during the Great War. (Dale Nelson already mentioned "The Temple").

E.R. Burroughs' lost world trilogy (The Land that Time Forgot, etc.) a/k/a the "Caspak series", takes place during the Great War. One of his Tarzan Novels (Tarzan the Untamed a/k/a Tarzan and the Huns), also takes place during the Great War.

Date: 2 April, 2019 01:08PM
Thank you for the tips. Will look them up. By the way, there is a WWI horror movie called "Deathwatch" (2002), with Jamie Bell and Andy Serkis, about a group of English soldiers who come across an abandoned German trench full of dead bodies and ruled by some unknown forces.
[www.imdb.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2 Apr 19 | 01:18PM by Minicthulhu.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page