Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
NOT at NIGHT anthology series, edited by Christine Campbell Thomson
Posted by: Knygatin (IP Logged)
Date: 7 April, 2019 08:43AM
Does someone have an overview of the best stories in these collections? They are classical horror, featuring evil spirits, monsters, undead, necromancy, and similar grisly situations, both in local and exotic locations. It is pretty extensive, and I have been unable to sort it out.
http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?1344

Exactly 100 of these stories were also printed in Weird Tales.
[vaultofevil.proboards.com]

(I am specifically looking for tales of undead rising from underneath old mossy grave lids, worms spilling out of their eye-sockets, seeking unrelieved revenge or carnage. Don't believe I ever read a story quite pure like that, although it is what I have been seeking since childhood. The subject seems to go one step too far - being taboo among fine horror writers. It is an undiscovered/unrealized literary art form, I think. It has been done in painting and comics and film, but not in prose. I think the closest I have come was le Fanu's "Wicked Captain Walshawe, of Wauling"; at least it has a really good undead spectre, the best I have seen.)

Minicthulhu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I visit www.luminist.org/archives/SF/WT.htm that Jeff
> Gilleland recommended in one of his posts on this
> forum some time ago. They have complete Weird
> Tales issues and other magazines.

That is a wonderful page with all those Weird Tales covers. Are the inner contents for all the issues actually included too?!

Re: NOT at NIGHT anthology series, edited by Christine Campbell Thomson
Posted by: Minicthulhu (IP Logged)
Date: 7 April, 2019 10:12AM
Knygatin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> That is a wonderful page with all those Weird
> Tales covers. Are the inner contents for all the
> issues actually included too?!

Of course the content is icluded. Each issue is scanned from the original in pdf format and has about 130MB. I have tried to download several issues from different decades and everything is OK. It is unbelievable one has the opportunity to get the stuff.

Posted by: Satampra (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 05:06PM
Hello!

I have been looking for "Flower Valley " by J. S. Whittaker for a long time.

Would you be so kind to share "Flower Valley" for me ?

[www.isfdb.org]

I'd be very grateful for your attention

Alex

Posted by: Knygatin (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 05:45PM
"Flower Valley" sounds appealing to me too. But since it has only been printed once in a rare volume, and never been reprinted, I much doubt it is worth chasing after. I'd as well reread some of Smith's flower/plant stories, confident they will enrich me delightfully and weirdly again and again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page