Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Project
Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 9 August, 2004 06:44PM
I have an idea for a project, a web site actually, one which has the text of books in the fantasy | horror | sci-fi (expandable based on interest) genre that are public domain and are not already on the net (I will not accept anything that is already been done -what's the point in duplication). There will be the ability for visitors to comment on any of the texts and all that jazz.

Which means I need volunteers who are willing to do the thankless task of scanning and proofing and I'll make a site for them.

So if you have free time, old books, and a 'public sprit attitude' drop me a note.

No volunteers, no site. So if you want to see some of this stuff you have never read before, you had better be willing to contribute.

Boyd.

Been looking for something to do in my down time as I'm not working at present (need a website?)

Re: Project
Posted by: fderamo (IP Logged)
Date: 9 August, 2004 08:10PM
Boyd, the website Blackmask.com has numerous works of public domain fantasy and science fiction in several different ebook formats. If you want me to, I'll email the webmaster of Blackmask and see if he has any objection to you linking to those parts of his site.

Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 10 August, 2004 04:49PM
I'm only interested in dealing with original material there is enough duplication on the net as it is.

Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2004 03:35AM
I would be interested if I could transcribe poetry in the public domain. Figures, don't it.

Phillip

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page