Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Contact or getting message to James Ambuehl regarding a book
Posted by: charaina (IP Logged)
Date: 9 August, 2020 03:59PM
Hello. Last week I posted a message regarding my search for an anthology called The Sorcerer's Apprentices: New Tales in the Tradition of Clark Ashton Smith, published in 1998. I was directed to contact the editor/publisher James Ambuehl, but the email address was old and no longer active. Is there anyone who can pass on a message to James or knows how to contact him in regards to potentially purchasing a copy of the book? Any help is appreciated....

Re: Contact or getting message to James Ambuehl regarding a book
Posted by: parcivalrex (IP Logged)
Date: 10 August, 2020 01:08AM
Hi Charaina,

This might become a bit of a wild goose chase...

I have found no trace of James Ambuehl, but he co-edited the edition with Ron Shiflet
( As I got from here; [www.locusmag.com] )
You
[www.isfdb.org]

Otherwise, you might want to try the other co-editor and cover artist MINNIS, MIKE; [i.e., Michael Minnis]
I think this is the same as this Michael Minnis (as he wrote several other Smith related publications)
[www.amazon.nl]
His current publisher; Alfred Bekker / Cassiopeia Press. You can contact him here; Postmaster [at] AlfredBekker [dot] de Yes, its in Germany.

I think there little chance you can still buy an original copy, but they might be able to republish a pod or e-book edition,

Good luck

Frank

Re: Contact or getting message to James Ambuehl regarding a book
Posted by: parcivalrex (IP Logged)
Date: 10 August, 2020 02:06AM
I did a bit more research.

On this website
[www.epberglund.com]
there is an email adress that is a bit more recent
jamesa@paulbunyan.net

If that doesnt work; I noticed he colaborated more than once (as early as in The Sorcerer's Apprentices and in more recent bundles) with Rober M. Price.
Robert M. Price is rather aproachable and you might contact him through his website;
[robertmprice.mindvendor.com]

Yours

Frank

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page