Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Skies Over Zothique - CAS inspired dark ambient / dungeon synth
Posted by: altrusiangracemedia (IP Logged)
Date: 18 August, 2020 09:12PM
Hello fellow CAS fans, just wanted to let you guys know that my dark ambient project Psyclopean recently did an album called Skies Over Zothique which is purely CAS inspired. I usually focus on Lovecraft musically but Smith has moved more to the forefront for me. Thought you all might enjoy it.
Full album on YT here:
https://youtu.be/VOXknT6fmiw

Re: Skies Over Zothique - CAS inspired dark ambient / dungeon synth
Posted by: Minicthulhu (IP Logged)
Date: 19 August, 2020 04:41PM
Not bad. It reminds me of some works by Klaus Schulze. (Timewind, Moondawn)

Re: Skies Over Zothique - CAS inspired dark ambient / dungeon synth
Posted by: Hespire (IP Logged)
Date: 24 August, 2020 12:52PM
I listened to the whole thing last night while writing a poem. Such wonderfully suggestive compositions. They really do produce the atmosphere of a dusky world under a bleak sun, with a pervasive hint of sorcery throughout. The first piece, Skies Over Zothique, was the perfect introduction, feeling exactly like a roc's eye-view of the old kingdoms in the desert, soaring gracefully over vast expanses of desolation. The final piece, Singing Flame, is my favorite, somehow combining the feelings of funereal mourning with alien transcendence so smoothly.

I gained much by listening to this, and I plan to listen to others you've composed! Do you plan to make other pieces inspired by CAS? A Hyperborean series has lots of potential.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24 Aug 20 | 01:01PM by Hespire.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page