Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
New map of Zothique
Posted by: rubeszilla (IP Logged)
Date: 12 December, 2012 09:43PM
Hi all,

I have recently read and enjoyed Smith's Zothique series but was a little dismayed to find that there are no accurate maps of the world of Zothique. All the maps currently have numerous errors; Cincor with a coastline, shorelines in the north, Sotar not aligned with Ustaim , and the list goes on.

Now, I know that any map made will suffer some conjecture and consequent refutation, however there is at least an acceptably 'proper' way to place the geography and political domains. I have attempted such a map and I hope the community of Smith fans will appreciate it.

[img84.imageshack.us]

It is an overview of the complete world and as such, is a little simple, but if we get this fairly correct then it would be nice to focus on the main continent and flesh out the details of cities, rivers, etc.

Any comments and criticism will be greatly appreciated, perhaps there is more room for improvement. Also, let it be known that I do not care for any copyright infringements or acknowledgements for my work. Feel free to use, edit and re-upload your own version of this map however you like.

- L.Rubbo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12 Dec 12 | 09:52PM by rubeszilla.

Re: New map of Zothique
Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 13 December, 2012 08:48AM
I must admit that I have no idea of the spacial aspects of Zothique from CAS' writings, so I can give you no input as to what goes where, but I do enjoy maps of imaginary places so thanks very much.

Date: 14 December, 2012 12:25AM
Cheers!

Posted by: Avoosl Wuthoqquan (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2012 08:46AM
Thanks from this corner of the world as well. I will let you know if I find any inconsistencies.

Posted by: Tantalus (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2012 03:00AM
I can not speak for any inaccuracies, if there's any at all. But it's a very cool map. I like the parchment looking texture. You've obviously put a lot of work into it. Thanks for sharing!

Date: 16 December, 2012 05:11AM
Thanks all. I will start working on a detailed map of the mainland soon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page