Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Clark Ashton Smith story - mp3 Audio
Posted by: MediaGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2011 07:04PM
Hello all. Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but here goes. I collect audio recordings of Lovecraft's stories. While transferring one such story from cassette tape (Rod Serling's Night Gallery Reader) to mp3, I ran across a story on the same tape by Clark Ashton Smith called "The Return of the Sorcerer." I'd noticed an audio section on this site awhile back, so I recorded that one too. It's available for download here:

[www.megaupload.com]

Re: Clark Ashton Smith story - mp3 Audio
Posted by: MediaGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 24 June, 2011 10:54AM
Ran across another story in an audiobook anthology. This one is called "Genius Loci."

[www.megaupload.com]

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 26 June, 2011 10:21AM
Return of the Sorcerer is available on CD -
Genius Loci is one of the finest of Clark's Stories - I know the location well.

Posted by: casofile (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2011 07:17PM
Ave, Calonlan! I'd be grateful to hear your take on the location of "Genius Loci" and the 'old Chapman place.' I've narrowed it down to someplace on Placer Hills Rd (AKA "the little road toward Bear River") and have a few old farmhouses in mind, but would certainly be interested to hear more specific information, or even directions! Perhaps I'll take a trip out there for a picnic lunch in the meadow by the stagnant pool . . . being sure to leave before nightfall, of course!
-Ron

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2011 02:17PM
casofile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ave, Calonlan! I'd be grateful to hear your take
> on the location of "Genius Loci" and the 'old
> Chapman place.' I've narrowed it down to
> someplace on Placer Hills Rd (AKA "the little road
> toward Bear River") and have a few old farmhouses
> in mind, but would certainly be interested to hear
> more specific information, or even directions!
> Perhaps I'll take a trip out there for a picnic
> lunch in the meadow by the stagnant pool . . .
> being sure to leave before nightfall, of course!
> -Ron

Hey Ron - I might be able to find it again - but last time I drove that road, there was a lot of new construction and it had messed up a lot of the markers - now there are country-clubs and all kinds of other stuff out there.
whatever the case, definitely don't stay out even till twilight - brrrrr

Posted by: gesturestear (IP Logged)
Date: 21 December, 2012 10:58AM
I tried to download these two above and got a FBI piracy page. It's really a shame that his work is still copyrighted. Who is making a profit on his readings, his daughter or the publisher and lawyers. Thank god for this site. I am looking to download some more audio but it's like $8 for one story. I'm trying to give my kids ideas for me for Christmas, but the best site is this one. I'm looking for whole novels with short stories; not just Individual stories.
Well I just keep looking deeper, any ideas would be appreciated and I would really like to keep the money within this site, because it has brought so much joy to my life. I really appreciate the hard work that is involved and if I could help by proof reading or listening I would.
Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

Posted by: superpowerjoe (IP Logged)
Date: 29 December, 2012 02:16AM
the reason you're getting that page is because megaupload got completely taken down a while ago.
a reupload to mediafire should be fine instead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page