Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Stefan Grabinski's On the Hill of Roses
Posted by: Absquatch (IP Logged)
Date: 7 July, 2012 12:48PM
I hate to seem to be shilling for anyone here, but this one is easy to miss.

A newly translated collection of Stefan Grabinski's second collection of tales, On the Hill of Roses, has just been published by Hieroglyphic Press. You can read more here. Those of you who don't already know Grabinski's work would likely enjoy it, and aficionados wouldn't want to miss this latest volume.

Re: Stefan Grabinski's On the Hill of Roses
Posted by: Tantalus (IP Logged)
Date: 8 July, 2012 10:37PM
Never heard of him before. But after a Google search I am intrigued. I ordered both On the Hill of Roses and also another collection of his stories, The Dark Domain.

Looks very promising. Thanks for mentioning him!

Posted by: cw67q (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2012 10:58AM
Is this already published? I contacted the publisher about a month or so ago to ask if there had been any news and nothing was available then but the book was expected soon. I was told their would be an email notifcation when the bookc ame out, but have heard nothing since then.

Grabinski is highly recommended. In addition to the Dark Domain (which I think is still in pb from Daedalus) there is another pb collection in english available, "In Sarah's House", in a dainty little pocket sized edition from CB editions. If you have a bit more ready money, the Ash-Tree Press edition of "the Motion Demon" is lovely.

- Chris

Posted by: swoonfish (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2012 05:45AM
cw67q Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this already published? I contacted the
> publisher about a month or so ago to ask if there
> had been any news and nothing was available then
> but the book was expected soon. I was told their
> would be an email notifcation when the bookc ame
> out, but have heard nothing since then.

FYI, the book has been published and will be making the journey to my home.

I was speaking, very briefly, with the publisher who confirmed that copies are moving.

Posted by: cw67q (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2012 06:02AM
Thanks swoonfish, I've had my eye on this title since it was first announced.

- Chris

Posted by: Absquatch (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2012 03:13PM
I received my copy in the mail last week. Because it's from a small press, and one that's more or less just getting started, I did not want to mention the book until I actually held it in my hands.

Posted by: cyclopeatron (IP Logged)
Date: 17 December, 2012 01:29PM
This is great news! It may also be worth mentioning that Ash Tree Press published a 500 copy run of The Motion Demon in 2005. All Grabinski is worth owning and reading. He's wonderful - I am not sure why he isn't better known.

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2013 06:13PM
I've just finished Dark Domain - quite stunning! There's at least two or three tales in there I'd rank amongst the very best of weird fiction. Very tempted to read more by him, but money is tight right now...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page