Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
New edition of the The Averoigne Chronicles
Posted by: Oldjoe (IP Logged)
Date: 27 January, 2021 08:02AM
Hippocampus Press has released an affordable edition of "The Averoigne Chronicles":

[www.hippocampuspress.com]

I believe this has the same contents as the fancy hardcover that Centipede Press issued several years ago, but the paperback from Hippocampus is quite a bit less expensive!

Re: New edition of the The Averoigne Chronicles
Posted by: Kipling (IP Logged)
Date: 27 January, 2021 11:47AM
The Centipede Press edition's price is exorbitant, but still worth it for the full-color artwork and size of the book. Of course, most of their books are NOT worth their extreme prices.

jkh

Posted by: Knygatin (IP Logged)
Date: 27 January, 2021 01:04PM
I really like the cover art of THIS Averoigne collection. And it relates to what Smith actually wrote.

Posted by: casofile (IP Logged)
Date: 29 January, 2021 08:42AM
[size=medium][/size]Yes indeed, the Averoigne paperback is finally available from Hippocampus!

"I believe this has the same contents as the fancy hardcover"

Yes, the contents are basically the same except: the Note on the Text has been slightly reworked/upgraded, and ALL the tales now conform to the restored versions utilized in the Night Shade "Collected Fantasies" series. Always wanted to bring out an affordable edition, and $20.00 is quite an improvement over the $200.00 price tag on the hardcover, which is of course long out of print.

I also love the incredible cover art by David Ho, there is also a very nice two page illustration featuring "The Enchantress of Sylaire" also by David Ho.

-Ron

Posted by: Eldritch Frog (IP Logged)
Date: 9 September, 2021 10:50PM
How much art is in the paperback?

Just the Enchantress? Or any other pieces!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page