Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
question
Posted by: Deleted user (IP Logged)
Date: 1 September, 2004 03:20PM
Hi, first time poster. I just started getting into CAS thru a friend of mine. Can't remember the name of the story he suggested, but there was a line in it that went something like "a land that is neither here, nor there, and pinpointless." can anybody help me out? thanks!

Re: question
Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 3 September, 2004 02:28AM
G'day!

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with this one. What else can you tell us about this story? If you can ask your friend again, I'd like to know what one was recommended.

Are you interested primarily in the stories? How far would you like to read the poems, and the prose poems?

Phillip

Posted by: Steven Fama (IP Logged)
Date: 7 September, 2004 04:37PM
Sounds maybe like it could be from "The Uncharted Isle." Go find that story and give it a read. Even if I'm wrong, it's a great story.

-- S. Fama

Posted by: (IP Logged)
Date: 8 September, 2004 03:51PM
I read the uncharted isle. Great read but not the one he was talking about. He said something about 'lollipop skies and a land that is neither here, nor there and pinpointless.' i'm stumped

Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 8 September, 2004 04:36PM
Both lollipop skies and pinpointless are very un-CAS like. In fact CAS uses neither lollipop or pinpointless in any of his work.

pinpoint and pin-point are used once each.

Perhaps your friend is mistaken about the author.

Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 9 September, 2004 01:14AM
I agree with Boyd... I checked lollipop anyway, and found nothing using the search function here. Could you get back to your mate and confirm the text he was talking about?

You've got me interested in what text you mean and, whilst I have a very low curiosity threshhold (every time I go to a fruit shop with tropical fruits I get instantaneously curious as to tastes & textures), you've certainly got my whiskers prinked and my tail quivering with wonderment.

Perhaps you and or he have misremembered aspects of the story, and, through a natural habit of pattern-filling, have supplied erroneous material to fill the gaps.... I do the same too if I'm not too careful, and I find it infuriating to send myself off on a pointless quest, looking for a gazolba when I wanted a guinea-fowl.

Posted by: KevHead (IP Logged)
Date: 5 November, 2004 03:55PM
Just so you are all aware, the original poster is trying to solicit your thoughts to a riddle. The Kevin Matthews Show in Chicago (WCKG 105.9) has a contest called "You Can't Win". It is a series of 5 difficult riddles. The 1st person to answer all 5 correctly will win a grand prize (I don't recall what it was at the moment). Anyway, the 1st riddle is :

"This storied gardener tells of lollipop skies in a country that is neither here nor there and pinpointless."

The caller must answer these 3 questions for the 1st riddle:
1) Name the Story?
2) Name the Storyteller?
3) Where it's facts can be found?

This has gone unanswered (or answered incorrectly) for about 4 months now. Many people have searched the internet for the answer to this riddle.

Thought you all should know what you're really trying to answer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 5 Nov 04 | 04:13PM by KevHead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page