Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Audi recording of original WT author reading her great work: C. L. Moore LP.
Posted by: Jeff Gilleland (IP Logged)
Date: 25 December, 2014 02:07PM
A while back I was lucky enough to find this rare specimen of vinyl. It is C. L. Moore ready here first great work from Weird Tales, “Shambaleau”. This is the only quality recording I have ever heard of any of the original WT authors reading their own works. I am not sure where to post this but it is so good I just had to let you folks know. I have done my best to document this special gem; hope all of you enjoy it.

[sites.google.com]

Re: Audi recording of original WT author reading her great work: C. L. Moore LP.
Posted by: garymorris (IP Logged)
Date: 9 January, 2015 12:46PM
Jeff Gilleland Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A while back I was lucky enough to find this rare
> specimen of vinyl. It is C. L. Moore ready here
> first great work from Weird Tales,
> “Shambaleau”. This is the only quality
> recording I have ever heard of any of the original
> WT authors reading their own works. I am not sure
> where to post this but it is so good I just had to
> let you folks know. I have done my best to
> document this special gem; hope all of you enjoy
> it.
>
> [sites.google.com]
> ine_lucille_moore

There were two LPs issued of Derleth reading some of his non-weird poetry: Sugarbush by Moonlight and Psyche. They're available on the August Derleth Society page here. (Scroll to the bottom.) The Moore LP, which is kind of rare, is on youtube at the moment, for those who can't find/afford it.

Stanley McNail was an Arkham author but I don't think appeared in Weird Tales (correct me if I'm wrong). It's a pity his readings weren't preserved. I saw him a couple of times in Berkeley in the 90s, and he was wonderfully dramatic reading those dark, spare poems.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page