Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Limited Zothique Broadside
Posted by: pegana (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2017 09:45AM
Pegana Press has released a limited letterpress broadside of the immortal poem Zothique. Printed with royal blue and black dutch inks on thick cotton paper; looks pretty awesome framed. Limited to 55 numbered copies. The Zothique Prism chapbook with frontispiece by Robert H. Knox still available as well. Here is a link with more information.

Re: Limited Zothique Broadside
Posted by: Radovarl (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2017 01:09PM
pegana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
... looks pretty awesome framed.
-------------------------------------------------------

I framed mine, and it looks great!

Date: 13 June, 2017 05:51PM
That's great, would love to see a pic of it and maybe we could put it on the website.

Date: 14 June, 2017 07:19AM
I'll take a "shelfie" and e-mail it to you. I would post it here also, but I'm not sure it is possible to embed photos. Maybe I'll upload it to one of those online services and post a link.

Date: 14 June, 2017 08:42AM
Here is a link to my photobucket album, with the framed Zothique broadside and a couple other shots with CAS items.

[s882.photobucket.com]

Date: 14 June, 2017 09:11AM
That is sweet, what a great library section, love the Nehwon map! I have that Bazaar of the Bizarre editon, awesome. I see The Age of Malygris is in good company and the broadside looks excellent. What edition of From The Crypts of Memory is that?

Date: 14 June, 2017 09:34AM
Thanks, and please pardon my oversharing--I'm usually the only one who sees it so I couldn't resist. It's my "private reserve" library, LOL. Really it's just the stuff I deemed precious enough that I didn't want it in our main library room where it might get pawed by kids or guests. The Nehwon map is the crown jewel of my collection.

The "From the Crypts of Memory" is a Roy Squires letterpress edition, and includes a tipped-in photographic reproduction of a painting CAS did illustrating one of the scenes from the text. It's the only copy of this I've ever seen, and I had to have it since it's my favorite of his prose poems.

Date: 14 June, 2017 09:53AM
Man, that is great! Is the Squires publication a chapbook or hardback?, it looks like an oversize edition as well. I recall now I think he did a small version of it(without illus).

Date: 14 June, 2017 10:12AM
It's a very large chapbook with stiff paper cover, though oddly it also has a dustjacket in that strange "marbled" paper you see in the photo (the cover underneath is a solid color. It might be Japanese momi paper (the DJ), but I'm not sure about that. I'd like to know more about it, including about any possible smaller version, but haven't been able to discover much so far. If I recall correctly, it was a run of 250 copies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14 Jun 17 | 10:14AM by Radovarl.

Date: 15 June, 2017 10:15PM
It does seem to be an unusual production for Squires, especially the dust jacket and being printed on it, not to mention the tipped in illustration. His colophons usually indicate the types of editions printed in terms of size, descriptions and variations. Definitely a rare piece! Terence McVicker, Squires protege probably knows something about it and I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Date: 16 June, 2017 02:51PM
Thanks, that'd be great. I only read it once, gingerly, and didn't pay much attention to the colophon so I'll take another look.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page