Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Birthday wishes
Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2004 08:40PM
I heard it was Dr. Farmer's birthday recently, so I want to wish him a happy birthday from me and the Eldritch Dark website!

Many happy returns, and may you revel many another year!

Phillip

Re: Birthday wishes
Posted by: Tortha (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2004 08:54PM
Hey,
Happy Birthday Dr. F!

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2004 11:44AM
Thanks, I have another birthday sort of on the 29th when it will be seven years since a 23 year old heart was transplanted into my chest - the young man's body helped 55 people, and his generosity helped his parents cope with his loss. 10 years post transplant is a real milestone, 15 is amazing, 20 possible but extremely rare. I am grateful to have survived to share my memories and love of CAS with this community - thanks for your many kindnesses
drf

Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2004 01:21PM
Who was it who said he had a heart of a young man, and kept it in a jar on his desk? Ramsey Campbell I think.

When I die I want all my organs to go to good homes even being poked by medical students sound like fun.

Any way happy B Day we expect to see you and your heart around these parts for many years to come.

Im reading a Allen Ginsberg biography at the moment I was wondering if CAS new much of the Beat movement happening in San Francisco?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14 Oct 04 | 01:29PM by Boyd.

Date: 14 October, 2004 03:41PM
Boyd,

it was Robert Bloch who said he had the heart of a small boy. He kept it in a jar on his desk...;)

I, too, have made myself an organ donor, thanks largely to the example given by Dr. F's benefactor. My mother has also donated hers; my step-father, however, has decided to donate his body to science, so that he can forego a funeral, and keep the expenses to squander on other stuff (he wanted my mother to donate hers as well, to save on the cost of her funeral as well... tight arse).

Phillip

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2004 05:15PM
Thanks for the wishes fellows - and I am gratified to see that (contrary to Richard III) you are in the "giving vein."
The best thing of course is that after surgery one no long must take
vaso-dilators which are libido suppresants. Since my transplant,
my wife and make love almost every day -- almost on Monday, almost on tuesday, almost on Wednes....

affecetionate regards
Dr.f

Date: 17 October, 2004 05:24PM
Dr. F.,

it was your example that inspired me to become an organ donor, natch. So you deserve some of the credit for us being so giving.

In a sense, you are our arbiter elegentarium when it comes to giving and being nice unto one another.

If you will permit me saying this, as elder statesman of the site, you go a long way to helping promulgate a certain ethos among its motley band of reprobates, such as myself. Without your example, I am sure we would be lessened in quality, and, I am sure saddened. Without you, the Eldritch Dark experience would be all the more poorer, so I wish, as I raise my glass with a breezy salut!, to continue to have all the best of life. And I'm sure the others here wish you all the best to, eh?

Phillip

*Author of Strange Gardens [www.lulu.com]

*Editor of Calenture: a Journal of Studies in Speculative Verse [calenture.fcpages.com]

*Visit my homepage: [voleboy.freewebpages.org]

Posted by: wilum pugmire (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2011 10:52AM
Happy birthday, SCOTT CONNORS, if ye still actually bother to haunt this realm.

"I'm a little girl."
--H. P. Lovecraft, Esq.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page