Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Smith Mention on NPR
Posted by: DanHarms (IP Logged)
Date: 4 November, 2004 07:50PM

A recent story on NPR's Weekend Edition included a mention of Smith. Here's a segment from the interview with April Derleth:

ANNOUNCER: A row of tiny leering faces greet her at the shipping counter.

DERLETH: Those are our statues by Clark Ashton Smith. He's probably our next most popular author besides Lovecraft. He was sort of a different sort. He was married but he ran off for a while in a cabin and would carve out these statues out of native stone. Used to scare the heck out of me as a kid.

You can find the whole thing here:

[www.npr.org]

Re: Smith Mention on NPR
Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 4 November, 2004 08:20PM
I posted that in a.h.c but forgot to post it here - silly me. I did thnk A Derleth's remarks were rather off the mark.

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 4 November, 2004 08:30PM
April clearly knows little about CAS, but thanks for posting the program; it is amazing that NPR would deign to acknowledge the existence of the genre, much less to a lengthy program on Lovecraft, tossing about the names we know so well - thanks for the post.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2004 12:12AM
Boyd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I posted that in a.h.c but forgot to post it here
> - silly me. I did thnk A Derleth's remarks were
> rather off the mark.

April is not a fan nor an expert in the field, but she allows me to do pretty much what I want, and for that I am grateful.
Best,
Scott

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 19 November, 2004 09:53PM
We are grateful also for that freedom for you Scott - bring me up to date on what's afoot on your end.
much affection

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page