Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Donald Sidney-Fryer appearance Sacromento 12-15
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 1 December, 2004 09:52PM
THE GEERY THEATRE, 2130 "L" St., Sacramento, Cal., WED., 15 DEC. 2004. A reprise of the program, some-what reconfigured, first offered here at on Sun., 28 Apr. 2002. The program begins at 7:30 p.m., and is FREE TO THE PUBLIC. (Donations gratefully accepted.)
DONALD SIDNEY-FRYER, the Last of the Courtly Poets & California's only Neo-Elizabethan poet-entertainer, offers a program that illuminates the romance tradi-tion in modern poetry from Elizabeth I of England and Queen Victoria up through the California Romantics of today: IF MUSIC AND SWEET POETRY AGREE.
The first hour features narratives by Edmund Spenser & Alfred Tennyson, the latter with bass lute. The second hour features George Sterling's narrative DUANDON with bass lute, followed by medleys from Nora May French & Clark Ashton Smith, the latter with bass lute. Instead of a mere contemporary "telling it like it is," this experimental program with voice & bass lute offers an alternative experience that explores the poetic unknown, or but overlooked. The author's books and C.D.'s will be on sale.

Re: Donald Sidney-Fryer appearance Sacromento 12-15
Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 2 December, 2004 12:44AM
If anyone goes, a review of the event will be nice.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 2 December, 2004 07:23PM
If anybody from the Bay Area comes up--it's only about two hours, I drive down to SF and Beserkley all the time for book signings, etc.--maybe we can all get together for a bite afterwards. Alicia? Mike?
Best,
Scott

Posted by: NightHalo (IP Logged)
Date: 4 December, 2004 10:40PM
I am not sure if I can make it due to scheduling conflicts. However, if something changes I will let you know as soon as I know.

Thank you for the offer,

Alycia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page