Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
DSF correspondence
Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2005 07:06PM
A bit of news: I had a most delightful and dear card from DSF a day ago remembering my mother who hosted him for some time in '60-'61. In addition to bringing me up to date on his various gigs and his unflagging enthusiasm for his work. In a subsequent phone call, I confirmed with him, that, since I have a small recording studio at my home, we may be able in the none to distant future to do the collaboration we had
discussed during his visit last Feb.(03) What Don has in mind is a set of performance readings of Smith and Spencer (perhaps some others) using the different reading styles as a counterpoint exercise. We found strong response to our mutual reading at the book signing for "Zagan", and this sparked the idea. We just hope the old War-Horses of Smithiana live long enough to accomplish something - Anyway, I thought a little bright news might be worth sharing.
Also, Scott and Ron - I discovered a photo of you two taken during our evening reading when you were here - if you would like a copy, let me know.
dr f

PS - to all - If you have not read Donald's translation of "Gaspard de la Nuit",
you have missed a small masterpiece - it is supberb.

Re: DSF correspondence
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 15 January, 2005 06:31PM
Sehr geehrter Herr Doktor:
Yes, please, I would very much like a copy. Also, perhaps Boyd might like to post it on the website? I can provide some other photos of CAS fans, both pro and am (although I think even the "pros" are "amateurs" at heart, in the Lovecraftian usage of the word). And I think that a recording of you and Donaldus reading contrapunctually would be quite nice. I still need to talk someone into letting us remaster his recording of CAS reading "From the Crypts of Memory" and other works for CD (no, this isn't the same as the Elder tapes that Necronomicon Press issued some time back).
Best,
Scott

Date: 15 January, 2005 06:52PM
Scott, Try Gavin for the book - i just have the one Don sent me.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 15 January, 2005 08:54PM
I was referring to the photo of Ron and myself. I already have a copy of Gaspard de la Nuit, which is required reading. Gavin has copies of both this and DSF's recording of "The Hashish-Eater," which I also highly recommend.
Best,
Scott

Date: 15 January, 2005 10:17PM
Will copy and send as soon as possible - Die erinnere des Burschenherligkeit ist ganz suss. (no umlaut on the keyboard, sorry)
drf

Date: 15 January, 2005 10:18PM
Will copy and send as soon as possible - Die erinnerung des Burschenherligkeit ist ganz suss. (no umlaut on the keyboard, sorry)
drf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page