Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Frederick S. Oliver - Clark Ashton Smith Connection?
Posted by: Kyberean (IP Logged)
Date: 7 August, 2005 11:47AM
Quote:
If you make some of your work available, I would be interested to hear it and give it some serious thought re CAS

Of course. Aside from my forthcoming CD release, and, sad, to say, Ubbo-Sathla, which is out of print, my other CDs are available. My decision to interpret the tale "Ubbo-Sathla" was inspired by hearing a recording of an alligator's bellow. For me, it evoked the primordial slime and immemorial atavisms so well described in this story, and is the sound that opens the piece.

Quote:
Genius Loci, and Xeethra come to mind as really serious prospects -
the Dweller in Gulf - wow - just as themes for wordless expression - go for it!

I find many of CAS's works to be ripe for musical interpretation, and I suspect that they will always provide an inexhaustible source of inspiration to me. One thing that I would like to see would be a CAS tribute compilation disc of electronic music pieces inspired by different works of CAS, along the lines of the Outsider tribute to Lovecraft, to which I also contributed.

Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 7 August, 2005 04:15PM
Kyberean Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> One thing that I would like to see would be a CAS tribute
> compilation disc of electronic music pieces inspired by different
> works of CAS, along the lines of the Outsider
> tribute to Lovecraft, to which I also contributed.

Would it just have to be just electronic? I would happily love to see kunstlieder of works by CAS, and, if I had time to experiment, and equipment, I would delightedly contribute something involving audio tea leafery and text.

*Author of Strange Gardens [www.lulu.com]

*Editor of Calenture: a Journal of Studies in Speculative Verse [calenture.fcpages.com]

*Visit my homepage: [voleboy.freewebpages.org]

Posted by: Kyberean (IP Logged)
Date: 7 August, 2005 06:44PM
Quote:
Would it just have to be just electronic?

Well, that's what I have in mind, because that's what I do, but those who specialize in other areas are certainly welcome to try to organize a similar project.

Goto Page: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page