Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Copyright Status of CAS Works
Posted by: cneubauer (IP Logged)
Date: 4 July, 2005 10:13AM
Boyd,

I was browsing your collection and was wondering why you don't include the full text of some of Clark Ashton Smith's poetry that is clearly in the public domain (like The Last Night and Ode to Imagination)? Is this just out of respect to Arkham and CASiana since collections containing these works are still in print? Also, is it possible to get contact information for CASiana? I am adding some of CAS' poems to [wikisource.org] and I don't want to post anything that is still under copyright. By the way, I tried emailing you through the Contact Us page and it returned some errors (invalid email address and comments) even though everything was correct. Beautiful site by the way.

Christian

Re: Copyright Status of CAS Works
Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 5 July, 2005 01:21AM
Just adding that I tried the email form as well, and I got the same error, saying I needed a valid email address, and remarks when I had both.

*Author of Strange Gardens [www.lulu.com]

*Editor of Calenture: a Journal of Studies in Speculative Verse [calenture.fcpages.com]

*Visit my homepage: [voleboy.freewebpages.org]

Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 5 July, 2005 01:45AM
fixed form, moving host issues still being ironed out.

Copyright is such a pain in the arse i have berried my head in the sand and let the infinitely wise and benevolent Scott Connors guide me.

it comes down in may cases in being kind to publishers I know, respect and in some cases work for. I suspect it will all ways be a pain the in arse, but I will look in to the options again some time.

Posted by: cneubauer (IP Logged)
Date: 5 July, 2005 05:45PM
Okay, thanks for the response. I respect publishers who try to keep the works of lesser known authors in print. I hope that in the case of authors like Lovecraft, Smith, and Robert Howard, people will continue to buy collected works even though they can be found on the internet as well. Since either way, the authors get more exposure.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2005 10:50PM
My blushes, Boyd...

Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2005 01:16AM
Yes, Scott is so infinitely wise and benevolent that I can't wait to meet him in r/l, so that I can rub his belly for good luck.

*Author of Strange Gardens [www.lulu.com]

*Editor of Calenture: a Journal of Studies in Speculative Verse [calenture.fcpages.com]

*Visit my homepage: [voleboy.freewebpages.org]

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2005 02:08AM
Considering the size of my belly, you might end up winning the Powerball....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page