Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
LOST WORLDS 3 and Letters of Comment
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 17 August, 2005 12:25AM
My computer has been down for the past few weeks, so I am finally finishing up issue three of LOST WORLDS. This issue features a symposium on the two stories by Clark Ashton Smith that were long regarded as lost ("The Red World of Polaris" and "The Face by the River") but which were found and published in 2003. Contributors include Brian Stableford, Mike Ashley, Don Herron, Steve Behrends and myself. The issue also includes a memoir of CAS by William Whittingham Lyman, that is part of the latter's papers at the Bancroft Library. (I was able to locate his son and obtain permission to publish.) There are some others itens as well, but these are the main features. Issue four will follow shortly afterwards. It will feature a variorum text of "Necromancy in Naat" based upon the recently-discovered original draft. It will show what material Smith deleted and what he changed or added in the text, and offers a fascinating glimpse at his creative processes.
As I mentioned earlier, my computer died awhile ago. Earlier this year I solicited letters of comment for LOST WORLDS for a department that I'm calling "Letters from Mohaun Los." I would like to offer a forum for Smith afficionados to comment on current developments in Smith fandom and studies, as well as have a means of gauging feedback: just how do you, the reader, think we're doing, what are we doing well, and how can we improve?
Several of you responded to this call for letters, but unfortunately I did not have those backed up, so they are lost. Accordingly I am asking that those who responded, please send me your "carbon." I am also inviting anyone who wishes to offer a letter of comment on issues one and/or two and has not yet done to to take this opportunity. If you can please get these to me by August 25, that would be perfect.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page