Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Art by CAS for sale on Ebay
Posted by: maeterlinck (IP Logged)
Date: 15 October, 2005 09:55PM
Hi everyone their is another CAS original drawing on Ebay. I am the guy that aquired the "weird flower" drawing and it is great. I will not bid on the one thats up now but it is very interesting. Their is also a great Hannes Bok original up right now that I wish I could bid on. Well just thought I would let everyone know.

Erik the terrible

Re: Art by CAS for sale on Ebay
Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2005 03:53PM
Please consider adding the pic and anything else of unique value to your will and leaving it to a reputable University. Not trying to be funny but a lot of valuable works go missing when there own dies and those left behind don't know its value. Especially if your interests are esoteric and just look like a bunch of comics to most people.

While I don't own a lot I do have a will stating where all my CAS items of value go. I'm not expecting death for 70 years, but no one knows when he will come a knocking.

This applies to you ALL.

The happy host,
Boyd.

PS, welcome Erik, its nice to see new face, feel free to post, the forum has gone a little quiet of late but that's because we are all off working towards bring R'yel up for the new year :-)

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2005 01:42PM

Excellent suggestion for all of us Boyd - 70 years? that would make you about 105?

I would recommend the Univ. of Calif. at Berkeley - They already have a large collectin of CAS manuscripts (and graciously bought my 150 or so pages). The college is dedicated to collecting Calif. authors and is well funded for this purpose and is housing the works in an accesible fashion.
Brown Univ. is only interested in CAS as he relates to their native son, Lovecraft.

We are nevertheless glad for the preservation of original works anywhere they may be examined by researchers.

Dr. Farmer

Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2005 05:51PM
104 (from next month), but who's counting, average lifespan does keep growing its not an unrealistic target.

I have left my lot to a human CAS scholar to sort out what to do with, of course if you don't know or trust one a Uni is good to.

Posted by: Ghoti23 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2005 11:58AM
Boyd wrote:

> Please consider adding the pic and anything else
> of unique value to your will and leaving it to a
> reputable University.

Makes me wonder whether anyone will try to clone CAS in the future from the DNA left on his possessions. Maybe it would be degraded, but The Case of Charles Dexter Ward might be more prophetic than HPL intended.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page