Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
The Primordial Review
Posted by: CameronPierce (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2005 06:49PM

I am the editor of a new magazine, The Primordial Review: A Journal of Metaphysical Literature. I've been by this site in the past and, due to the stories I saw under the Tributes part of this site (and Smith's work as well), thought at least a few of you might be interested in submitting your work. Here are the basic guidelines:

The general focus is on "cosmic horror," but all genres/styles are equally welcome. Be experimental, just keep in mind the direction of this journal. If you cannot decide whether your work fits or not, go ahead and submit the piece in question, or email me at PrimordialEditor@hotmail.com

Word Count: 2,000-7,500 words for fiction and essays, 750 words or less for flash, and please, no poetry of epic length. There can always be exceptions to the given word counts, but contact me before submitting anything of great length.

Payment will be between $3 and $6, paid upon publication. Unfortunately, contributors will not receive a free copy of the print version.

Response time varies. Be patient.

Format: Print (POD)

Send all submissions to PrimordialSubmissions@hotmail.com. Please include your work both in the body of the email and attached as either a Word Document or RTF file. Submissions accompanied with a SASE may be sent to this address:

The Primordial Review
10922 Rosslyn Lane
Bakersfield, CA 93311

Reprints are usually not a problem, just mention where the work has been previously published.

Hope to hear from at least a few of you soon.

-Cameron Pierce

Re: The Primordial Review
Posted by: Mikey_C (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2005 06:33PM
Sounds very interesting. How much will a print copy cost?

Re: The Primordial Review
Posted by: CameronPierce (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2005 01:54PM
Copies will be no more than ten dollars and, upon release, should be available through all major retailers. The format will be that of a book rather than a standard magazine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page