Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Possibilities
Posted by: CameronPierce (IP Logged)
Date: 2 January, 2006 06:52PM
I'm rarely on this message board, but I do browse through it once in a while. Recently, though, I've noticed that at least a few of the people here have self-published collections of poems and stories. Wouldn't it benefit the writers if they were to come together to form a small press? There are a number of highly regarded small presses who go through such companies as Lightning Source and Morris Publishing, as well as Lulu (although the other two might be a bit more "professional"). Rather than selecting a single editor or co-editors, there could be a board of editors who evaluate one another's work and all other submissions, if there were any. This would provide every writer with multiple opinions, meaning more eyes to catch corrections and more readers to single out a story or poem that happens to be weaker than the others. Such a small press might also increase publicity and credibility. This is just something I've thought a bit about. Feel free to accept, reject, discuss, or send this idea to some distant netherworld, as you will.

PrimordialEditor@hotmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page