Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Moorcock's Miscellany
Posted by: devilchicken (IP Logged)
Date: 9 May, 2006 07:34PM
Hi all,

I know some of the members here are also frequent www.multiverse.org. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a new 'refugee' forum for members after Prototype X went down?

In any case, I'd just like to take this opportunity to express my profound admiration for Clark Ashton-Smith. Came across the Fantasy Masterworks anthology about 4 years ago and have been hooked ever since. Quite frankly, its a crime he's not as well recognised as his contemporaries! Just wish his work was a little easier to find!

Best Rgds,

Devilchicken

Re: Moorcock's Miscellany
Posted by: Raven10 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2006 03:19AM
Devilchicken, I also wish that Clark Ashton Smith stories were "a little easier to find!" But believe me, when you have read just one of his short story compilations, it leaves the reader yearning for more! For some reason, he was more respected in his day. By the way, are you aware of the unique sculptures and poems which were created by Clark Ashton Smith?

Julian L Hawksworth

Posted by: devilchicken (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2006 09:57PM
I'm more into fiction than poetry or art, though CAS clearly had some skill at all three.

Posted by: Mikey_C (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2006 04:13PM
The good news is that the new Moorcock's Miscellany is now being tested. There have been a number of attacks from hackers recently - www.conan.com also suffered from one a couple of weeks ago. It's impossible to empathise with the motivation behind this kind of thing: pure mindless vandalism and a desire to upset other people. I hope "The Eldritch Dark" stays safe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page