Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
New to CAS
Posted by: Yupa (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2006 05:52AM
Hi, new to these forums and the majority of CAS's work. I was looking around for a collection of his stories and the forthcoming Nightshade Books deal looks pretty good. Should I wait for those to come out, or are there any alternatives you could point me to?

Thanks much

Re: New to CAS
Posted by: Mikey_C (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2006 04:33PM
You could do worse than check the "CAS in Print" section of this august site, but probably the cheapest and most widely available collection is the Gollancz "Fantasy Masterworks" anthology, "The Emperor of Dreams". Enjoy!

Posted by: Yupa (IP Logged)
Date: 2 June, 2006 05:30AM
Thanks alot

Posted by: Mechanical_Bee (IP Logged)
Date: 5 June, 2006 11:10PM

I've just discovered this writer too. I am surprised I haven't heard of him before and that he isn't as well-known as Lovecraft. I haven't really given Lovecraft much of a try, but the stories here are very readable.

And a funny thing happened when I first started reading the short story "The Chain of Aforgomon": After reading the beginning where the narrator talks about the special properties of John Milwarp's diary entries, I noticed the overall story looked too short (after I scrolled down to check its length.) At first I thought that was the joke, that the story was already disappearing from existence and so it ends before it begins, but then I realized I just needed to refresh the page because it hadn't finished downloading in my browser on the first try 8)

Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 9 June, 2006 02:07AM
G'day to you both!

Pleasure meeting you, and I hope you'll try his poetry as well. That's my major passion when it comes to CAS.

*Author of Strange Gardens [www.lulu.com]

*Editor of Calenture: a Journal of Studies in Speculative Verse [calenture.fcpages.com]

*Visit my homepage: [voleboy.freewebpages.org]

Posted by: Mechanical_Bee (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2006 12:23AM

Thank you for the welcome voleboy! I am looking into his poetry now. It is indeed very rich, and while I do not have much experience with poetry (not something to be proud of) I am enjoying it

Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2006 01:45AM
Poetry is not appreciated by all, I agree, and, even though I would appreciate others enjoying CAS' poetry, I recognise that not everyone is as enamoured of it as I am. It is fortunate that you enjoy poetry; at best, all we should ask of poetry is that we can come to enjoy it, and maybe, if we're lucky, see things anew from it. But that enjoyment factor is important, after all dust settles.

*Author of Strange Gardens [www.lulu.com]

*Editor of Calenture: a Journal of Studies in Speculative Verse [calenture.fcpages.com]

*Visit my homepage: [voleboy.freewebpages.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page