Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Let Sleeping Corpses Rise
Posted by: TsathogguaPress (IP Logged)
Date: 30 August, 2006 12:55AM
My first post here. I've been "away" from the weird fiction scene too long. Not really "away", 'cause I've never given up on it--and read whenever I get the chance. Been devouring lots of noir in between weird material, but that's nothing new. Hammett, Chandler, Goodis & Cain were faves long before I put Tsathoggua Press "on hiatus" (that was around '98). I tried to keep up with happenings in the field, but I'm sure I've missed more than a few things. It goes without saying that I've spent far more time on music for the past several years than books.

Last time I went on any kind of "weird" outing was when my pal Rob Preston visited L.A. from Oregon in March. Went to the annual Paperback Collector's Show in Mission Hills, CA. Probably hadn't gone since '98. Caught up with Terry McVicker there. Afterwards, Rob and I drove down to see Don Sidney-Fryer and Rah Hoffman. I usually visit Don & Rah every few months. Been a good year since I saw old NY friend Derrick Hussey, but I usually rack up long calls on the cell every month or so to one of my oldest NY weirdist pals, Scott Briggs. Noir and horror buff--and fellow metal guitarist--Dave Szulkin (author of LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT: THE MAKING OF A CULT CLASSIC) lives in L.A. these days too, and we've been hanging out. I guess the monthly Grindouse Film Fest in L.A. also counts as sort of a weird outing. Been hitting that for quite a while. Actually, I was going to see Grindhouse Releasing events before the monthly fests as far back as '96 or so.

Been working on some projects lately. I'll mention them when I feel they're in the kind of shape to talk about.

-Perry

Perry Grayson
Guitar/Vocals - FALCON
[www.falconband.net]
[www.reverbnation.com]
Editor - WORLDS OF WEIRD
[www.worldsofweird.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30 Aug 06 | 12:57AM by TsathogguaPress.

Re: Let Sleeping Corpses Rise
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 30 August, 2006 01:30AM
Welcome back, Perry!
BTW, what pubs does Tsathoggua Press have still available? I need a new copy of "The Sorcerer Departs."
Scott

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 30 August, 2006 11:42AM
Welcome back, Perry!

Martin the Swede here. I don't recall whether I ever thanked you for THE SORCERER DEPARTS, but it was truly TREMENDOUSLY useful for my article. Thanks again!

Oooooh, new projects? Sounds interesting! :-)

Yrs
Martin

Date: 30 August, 2006 04:34PM
Emailed Scott back directly. You're welcome, Martin.

Won't say the projects are "new". They've been on the backburner for several years.

Posted by: walrus (IP Logged)
Date: 31 August, 2006 11:26AM
Hi, if "The Sorcerer Departs" is still available, I'd be interested in a copy.

Juha-Matti

Date: 31 August, 2006 06:22PM
THE SORCERER DEPARTS is still available. Tsathoggua Press' address has changed, as has the price w/shipping, due to postage increases. At the moment I can accept only money orders (if you're not in the U.S. it MUST be drawn on a U.S. bank, otherwise I can't accept the money order) or PayPal as methods of payment.

Email me at tsathogguapress@falconband.net for more info if you actually want to order the chapbook.

Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 1 September, 2006 01:10AM
Good to see you're back, Perry!

What news re the collected poems of Belknapius?

*Author of Strange Gardens [www.lulu.com]

*Editor of Calenture: a Journal of Studies in Speculative Verse [calenture.fcpages.com]

*Visit my homepage: [voleboy.freewebpages.org]

Date: 1 September, 2006 01:37AM
Yeah, ;) I can safely say that the FBL poetry volume is one of those projects.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page