Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Rendezvous In Averoigne
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2002 01:19PM
Arkham house announced it is going to do a reprint of "Rendezvous In Averoigne: The Best Fantastic Fiction Of Clark Ashton Smith" on their website. I purchased my copy almost three years ago before it became out of print. It's a very good anthology and worth buying the forthcoming reprint if you don't have the first edition. An employee working at a local comic book store in Kansas City actually met Clark Asthon Smith in California many years ago. Now if only a paperback publisher would bring his stories back in print as it was attempted in the 1980s by Pocketbook, I believe.[center][/center]:-P

Re: Rendezvous In Averoigne
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2002 03:04PM
Who is this employee and how did he meet Smith? It would be most enlightening to see his reminiscences of Klarkash-Ton.
Best,
Scott

Posted by: Dr. W.C. Farmer (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2002 10:45PM
Dittos to Scott's note - I would be very interested to know who this is,
because if he is still working he would need to be of my generation to
have been old enough to have had an intelligible acquaintance, unless he
is still vigorous though superannuated. Please let us know- or better,
have him post a note here.
If he knew Clark in his last years, then I certainly would know who he
is. Prior to 1952, I would not have met him.
Dr. Farmer

Date: 22 March, 2003 12:48PM
I have been to the Arkham House website to order Rendevous but I'm having difficulty in getting to an actual online order form. Other online booksellers apparently do not have it yet. My guess is that it is still unpublished. Any idea when it is supposed to be out?

Posted by: Boyd Pearson (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2003 03:55PM
go to
the arkhamhouse front page click the link for RIA, click the add to basket button, then click the basket contents link at the top of the page make suret there is one copy there and then click the checkout link top right. And proceed from there. I clicked order with out an account and got an order form. I agree its not the most obvious order path. But the book is out -any more troubles should be directed to arkham house.

Can't afford a copy myself at the moment.

Boyd.

Date: 22 March, 2003 05:48PM
Thanks but I ordered from Shocklines instead. Probably paid more than I should have too.:ยด-(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page