Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
averoigne
Posted by: Dr. W.C. Farmer (IP Logged)
Date: 20 November, 2002 09:37AM

forgot to mention: after publication, I intend to make available the document containing the first draft of "Averoigne" - It is scibbled on an
envelope probably from a publisher in Uxbridge, England; the postmark is
1949 and it has a King George stamp on it. While I want this to go to someone who appreciates its significance, I owe it to Clark, who lived in such penury, to insist on a fairly high price.
I am mentioning this at this time in this location, because some of you have written expressing interest in these matters, and I believe you should have first crack at it, being, as it were, family.

Re: averoigne
Posted by: Raven10 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2006 05:27AM
You are very fortunate in your discovery, Sir. It is a long time since I have responded to one of your threads. It may well be at least a year since I became involved in any correspondence with you. I am surprised at a draft of the story was found in Uxbridge, England. I used to live quite close to Uxbridge before moving to Allestree (near the UK town of Derby). It would be great if this version of the story was eventually published in a compilation of some kind, don't you think? I trust that you will ensure that this writing is passed onto someone with the right intentions. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Julian (e-mail: julianuk@37.com)

(also known as Raven10 on this site)

Julian L Hawksworth

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page