Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
"Fat Face" Critique
Posted by: rutledge_442 (IP Logged)
Date: 4 January, 2007 06:27PM
"Fat Face" by Micheal Shea is probably one of the most interesting Cthulhu Mythos tales I have ever read. It's a story about two prostitutes who have a strange interest in a man they affectionetly call "Fat Face."
It blends erotica and horror creating a sensual Cthulhu Mythos tale. Seeing how a Shoggoth who can transform into humans and seduce women is VERY interesting. I would recomend "Fat Face" to almost anyone as long as they have read H.P.Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness." If you don't then you miss the grimore background of "Fat Face."

Re: "Fat Face" Critique
Posted by: AMonsen (IP Logged)
Date: 4 January, 2007 10:37PM
Michael Shea has written a another Cthulhu like story, "Nemo Me Impune Lacessit" in Whispers, Vol. 4, No 3-4. But "Fat Face" is a superb piece of work, as are the tales in NIfft the Lean--the main character reminds me very much of Satampra Zeiros.

Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 5 January, 2007 12:38PM
I was very unimpressed with Shea's The Colour out of Time. What is Fat Face published in?

Date: 5 January, 2007 02:13PM
I do not know exactly, I merely ordered a small 3x by 3x booklet which was the story. If you go onto the internet and type in the title and the author you'll find it. (If you don't type in both author and name you will find the "Fat Face" girls clothing line lol.)

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 5 January, 2007 02:27PM
It's in Cthulhu 2000, among others, unless I misremember.

Yrs
Martin

Micheal Shea
Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 5 January, 2007 02:38PM
Your right Martinus, its in Cthulhu 2000 so I must of read it, may read it again, have any of you read The Colour out of Time? Opinions?

Date: 5 January, 2007 06:10PM
I want to find "The Colour out of Time."
I may look for it via internet.
Unless someone can tell me where I can buy it.

Posted by: AMonsen (IP Logged)
Date: 5 January, 2007 09:53PM
"Fat Face" originally appeared as a chapbook by Axolotl Press, and the revised version does appear in "Cthulhu 2000." It also appeared in The Year's Best Fantasy (1988), and The Year's Best Horror Stories (1988), plus a Finnish translation in 1995.

The Color out of Time was published as a DAW paperback (1984) and reprinted in the UK by Grafton Books (1986).

Date: 6 January, 2007 01:05PM
And I do have the "Fat Face" chapbook by Axolotl Press...only caused a couple dollars.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page