Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Hippocampus?
Posted by: Gavin Callaghan (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2009 05:12PM
Anyone know if Hippocampus Press is still functional? Ordered 2 items on 3/2/09, and no sign/response....
GDC

Re: Hippocampus?
Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2009 09:35AM
It sure is. However, it is also a one-man operation, and the last I heard of Derrick from a mutual friend, he was out of town. I suggest dropping Hippocampus a line and gently prod him.

Posted by: Gavin Callaghan (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2009 04:57PM
Hussey performs an invaluable service through his company and I am thankful for its existence. Hope they keep on publishing!

Posted by: Kyberean (IP Logged)
Date: 19 March, 2009 10:15AM
I hope that they continue to publish, as well, but I also hope that they tighten their editorial standards. It sickens me to think that that I spent $150 on an edition of the collected poetry of CAS that appears to contain misprints and errors. Both CAS and his readers deserve better than that.

Posted by: wilum pugmire (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2012 08:57PM
If you haven't visited the new Hippocampus website, you'll be in for a fabulous surprise! I don't know how Derrick can afford to release so many books at once, but he is now offering gobs of what look like really fabulous titles. H. P. LOVECRAFT'S LETTERS TO JAMES F. MORTON continues the Lovecraft Letters project, with which Derrick and S. T. plan on bringing every extant Lovecraft letter into print, a project that may result in 25 volumes or more. This new edition of letters to Morton is huge, over 470 pages. With A MONSTER OF VOICES: SPEAKING FOR H. P. LOVECRAFT, Robert H. Waugh continues his investigation of Lovecraft's texts with essays that are as brilliant and original as they are intellectual. Just published are new revised and expanded editions of LOVECRAFT'S LIBRARY: A CATALOG and THE ANNOTATED SUPERNATURAL HORROR IN LITERATURE, S. T. having many additional pages of information and updated matter to the latter. I am especially interested in the new edition of Peter Cannon's FOREVER AZATHOTH, a definitive edition of Peter's humorous Lovecraftian writings; & although these fictions are in the humorous vein, they are full of Lovecraftian delight and wonder, a really magnificent collection!! Hippocampus Press will be one of two publishing houses to win awards at next month's World Horror Convention in Salt Lake City. I envy those of you who will be able to attend WHC and meet Derrick. The convention itself has a Lovecraftian theme: "At the Mountains of Madness", and it should be quite a wonderful event.

"I'm a little girl."
--H. P. Lovecraft, Esq.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page