Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Poems by Post
Posted by: Boyd Pearson (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2003 03:26PM
Once again the BBC world service poems by post program is in request mode. It is a show that reads poems nominated by its audience. I suggest that if half a dozen of us request a CAS poem there may be a chance that they will read one. Which I'm sure we all agree is a good thing.

So go to Poems by post and make a CAS suggestion.

Show is due to air in November.

B:-))

Re: Poems by Post
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2003 11:27PM
Boyd,
I think that is a great idea, however, wouldn't it be even better if we chose one poem in particular and all nominated the same poem? Just a thought.....
-Loton-

Date: 24 June, 2003 03:47PM
I thought of that - but to find any kind of agreement here seemed unlikley.

B.B-]

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 25 June, 2003 11:29PM
Boyd, this is a great idea--sometimes you are a bloody genius, my friend. I have already emailed the BBC, and I suggested one of Smith's greatest poems, "Nero." While there are many fine poems out there--"Nyctalops," "Witch Dance," "Song of the Necromancer," "Sphinx and Medusa," etc. all come to mind-- I think that we all agree that this is one of his best. It's available in THE LAST OBLIVION as well as on-line here, and I gave the BBC the link to Carl Buchanan's fine article as well. So let's all get on the "Nero" bandwagon and make the Emperor more popular than he's been since he had that little barbeque.
Best, Scott

Date: 15 December, 2003 01:27PM
I may be late, but I sent in my suggestion anyway: "Adventure"

Date: 18 December, 2003 02:42PM
Although this may be a little off the original topic of the BBC contest, I'd be very interested in other people's thoughts on their favorite poems by CAS. He deserves much more recognition as a poet than he appears to have received so far, and "Nero" and "Desert Dweller" alone are substantial literary achievements, at least in my opinion. I see others feel the same way about "Nero" as I do, but what other favorites do you folks have?

Jeff H.

Posted by: Ron Hilger (IP Logged)
Date: 19 December, 2003 11:29AM

Hey Boyd-

Do you have any idea of the outcome of the program; I mean, did CAS make it on the air??
Hope so,
Ron

Date: 19 December, 2003 12:49PM
Ron,
this year the program divided in to four shows each with their own theme.

Unfortunitley no CAS work was chosen. Its a big poetry world out there and as great as we know him to be he will remain a fringe poet and miss out on main-stream publicity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page