Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345678AllNext
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: "I Am Providence" - S.T. Joshi's expanded/unabridged Lovecraft Biography (2 vols.)
Posted by: Eldritch Frog (IP Logged)
Date: 9 July, 2010 02:08PM
Absquatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I, for one, can't wait to read another hundred or
> two hundred pages about Lovecraft's APA
> activities. *yawns*

but...but...there will be new pictures!!!

Re: "I Am Providence" - S.T. Joshi's expanded/unabridged Lovecraft Biography (2 vols.)
Posted by: Dunwichsouth (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2010 08:29AM
I ordered this one the moment I heard it was coming out, and looking forward to having a hardback copy

>
> but...but...there will be new pictures!!!
Ohhhhh... Imagine if they added back in the much talked about 4-D Cthulhu Mythos Pop-up chapter. You open the book and Cthulhu slowly pokes his head out of the cyclopean door. You close the book without the proper closing ritual this book ends up on Ebay with the rest of your things... Since you are never seen again.

Date: 13 July, 2010 08:51AM
Twilight Zone Epilogue:
The next person who opens this 4-D pop-up chapter will notice something that was not in this book when it was first printed. The figure of a small man with a face of a Goya will slowly pop-up and cringe back, paper arms flapping from a cold gust of wind that must have come from a faulty ventilation system. Almost as if it was trying to communicate (in italics of course). "Don't close the book, Don't close the book, Don't cllllooooo....."

Posted by: J. F. Uccello (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2010 06:21AM
I am so excited to hold this book in my hands. It can't be denied that this is an event for Weird literature. Seems like from the description at Hippocampus that they are creating something of fine quality, which is something rare for us in this field, and I guess in book publishing in general these days.

Hopefully the proofreading has been absolutely thorough. With all the typos encountered in the Joshi Penguin editions of Lovecraft, I don't trust anyone anymore.

[www.viatoriumpress.blogspot.com] Dedicated to the Weird.

Date: 27 September, 2010 02:01PM
Did any of you get this yet? I thought they shipped quite awhile back.

Date: 27 September, 2010 11:15PM
I sent an email to Hippocampus Press about a week ago and have yet to get a response. Their website still says September, so there's still a couple days left.

Small presses have definitely taught me patients is a virtue, and good things come to those who wait (and wait, and wait, and...)

Later
J

P.S.
wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait
and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait
and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait

Eldritch Frog Wrote:
> Did any of you get this yet? I thought they
> shipped quite awhile back.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2010 11:33PM
Derrick just got back from Chicago last night. He was there for a week.

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2010 04:35AM
I think the books arrived only early last week. My dealer (Gavin Smith) has got his copies and will be shipping mine any day now.

Date: 4 October, 2010 12:42PM
Hello,
Just wanted to let everyone know that the postman just dropped off my copy of "I AM PROVIDENCE" here in Maryland!

My Hippocampus Press volumes are going by leaps and bounds. Definitely my favorite small press.

Posted by: CthulhuWho1 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2010 04:26PM
I'm suffering from West-Coast jealousy!

It's now the 10th. of October, and I have still not received my copy of "I Am Providence" here in Fullerton, California; but I have at least "seen" a copy by way of a YouTube video by MrWilum (Wilum Pugmire).

And I was very happy to see that my photo of St. John's Catholic Church, the "Haunter of the Dark" church, made it into Volume Two!

Getting one of my H. P. Lovecraft headstone photos from my HPL/Providence Flickr Collections into Providence Monthly for their August 2010 Lovecraft piece was great, but it doesn't compare with one of my photos becoming part of the ultimate H. P. Lovecraft Biography by S. T. Joshi!

I guess I'll just keep lurking by the mailbox for a few more days...

Will Hart
aka CthulhuWho1

Curator of:
[cthulhuwho1.com] (The CthulhuWho1 Blog)
[www.flickr.com] (The California Cthulhu Lovecraftian Collections)
[www.youtube.com] (The CthulhuWho1 YouTube Channel)

Date: 12 October, 2010 08:56AM
Mine came in Saturday, but I did not notice that it was left out in the spare car til last night. My wife saw a note scrawled on another piece of mail that it was in the car.

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2010 07:37PM
Eldritch Frog Wrote:
> Mine came in Saturday, but I did not notice that
> it was left out in the spare car til last night.
> My wife saw a note scrawled on another piece of
> mail that it was in the car.

I hate it when postmen do shit like that. My posty likes to leave parcels in the paper recycling bin! Luckily he hasn't done so on recycling day... so far!

Date: 18 October, 2010 04:40PM
Recycling Guys: Wow, this guy cares so much for the environment, he has decided to just have these recycled before even opening the box! What a guy!!!

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2010 07:37PM
Eldritch Frog Wrote:
> Mine came in Saturday, but I did not notice that
> it was left out in the spare car til last night.
> My wife saw a note scrawled on another piece of
> mail that it was in the car.

I hate it when postmen do shit like that. My posty likes to leave parcels in the paper recycling bin! Luckily he hasn't done so on recycling day... so far!

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2010 03:20PM
Got mine at the HPLFF in Portland at the beginning of the month. Sharing a room with S. T. does have its benefits. : )

Scott

Posted by: MTS (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2010 03:29PM
Anyone preorder this and not get it? I'm in Northern California, preordered it last February, and it hasn't arrived. I've written to Hippocampus three times over the last two weeks to see if they have a tracking number, but they've ignored all emails.

Mike

Goto Page: Previous12345678AllNext
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page