> volume 2. Come to think of it, if they publish
> further titles in the series I shall have to buy
> them. So much for resolutions.

No worries; they won't.

Re: Regarding: "Collected Fantasies"
Posted by: cathexis (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2009 03:48PM
OH, OH! Do we need Rumor Control?

I went to Amazon.com today and saw this under the entry for The Last Heiroglyph, Vol. 5 Collected Fantasies:

"Publisher: Night Shade Books (November 15, 2009) "

OK. no big deal. Then I went to Night Shade Books' web-site and saw this entry for the same volume:

"To be published September 2010. " - It looks like a recent insert or page edit, FWIW.

There was a news item the whole operation was moving across town or somesuch as well.

Hope all is well,

Cathexis

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 14 November, 2009 03:12AM
Amazon frequently uses old information. That date will most likely remain there for a while.

"September 2010" has been on the Night Shade website for a while now. To me it sounds reasonable, but I guess only Scott and Ron can say for sure.

Posted by: cathexis (IP Logged)
Date: 14 November, 2009 08:59AM
Bummer!

I had hoped to tie this up by december. Oh well,
you know what they say about "assume".

Cathexis

Posted by: Dexterward (IP Logged)
Date: 20 August, 2012 07:31PM
I was wondering if anyone here has any information regarding a "reissue" of Smith's five volume "Collected Fantasies" series. I have volumes 2 to 5, but am missing volume one. I see they have it on Amazon for a rather exorbitant price, so I'm holding off on that for now. But I heard somewhere that Nightshade was going to put out the whole series one more time at some point in the future. Is this accurate, and if so, does anyone know when?

Also, if anyone wants to sell me the first volume for a more reasonable price, I would certainly be interested!

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2012 01:22PM
I'm not selling mine, I'm sorry. I got speaking to a guy on another forum about a year ago (about the time of the Miscellaneous Writings volume, whenever that was)who is a proof-reader for NSB (I didn't pass on the general consensus of this forum re : the standard of proof reading in NSB publications due to wanting to spare his feelings) and in part of my communication with him I asked him if he knew the status re a reprinting of volume 1. He actually chased up my enquiry with someone at NSB, but the news wasn't very hopeful about a reprinting any time soon - although ostensibly it is still mooted for sometime in the future. Of course that was a while ago now, so maybe we're closer to seeing it. The reason I asked was because I noticed the ludicrous price of vol 1 and frankly I don't care if my edition is a 1st edition or not... But it sounds fairly tenuous at the moment, so I'm holding on, although personally I doubt if any copies will be sold at the prices listed on the internet. Out of interest, my friend found vol 1-3 in a book shop at £10 each about 18 months ago, so keep looking - they're still out there... somewhere!!!

Date: 15 September, 2012 01:00AM
Thanks English Assassin,

Yes, the prices are ridiuclous, so I guess I'll just have to get the first volume in the Kindle edition. (I'm not at all a fan of Kindle, but for certain authors like Grabinski, CAS, H.R. Wakefield, etc., it is a nice way to get ahold of otherwise exorbitantly priced books.)

Of course, if Vol. 1 ever does get reprinted and sells for under fifty bucks or so, then it might be worth it just to have "The Complete Works"!

Date: 15 September, 2012 06:31AM
You could try emailing NSB... you never know... if they recieve enough interest they might pull their finger out

Date: 15 September, 2012 10:08AM
I did e-mail them a few weeks ago, but no response..... So until I hear otherwise, I'm taking that as a "No".

Date: 13 October, 2012 04:30PM
Well, it looks like Amazon is now offering a "new" Vol 1 of the Collected Fantasies (for $26.00). I wonder what's up with that? I ordered it, but it says the shipping time is "one to two months." At any rate, I hope they don't e-mail me two weeks from now to say it was a mistake, and that they don't have it after all!

Date: 14 October, 2012 05:55AM
That is interesting because NSB's site doesn't even list the book at all any more when I did a CAS search...

[www.nightshadebooks.com]

Goto Page: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page