Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
CAS Scholarly Journal?
Posted by: NGChristakos (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2003 07:16AM
Out of curiousity: if I were able to find a publisher for a Clark Ashton Smith literary journal, how many of you on this forum would: (a) be interested in purchasing it, and (b) be interested in participating? [think along the same lines as Joshi's Lovecraft Studies journal]

Sincerely yrs. NGChristakos

Re: CAS Scholarly Journal?
Posted by: Boyd Pearson (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2003 03:15PM
I kind of think the E.D does that and more. I know some people stuck in the dark ages prefer paper (do they ever think of the trees?).

However, I would be happy to support the project. Perhaps you could revise The Dark Eidolon Its the 10 year anniversary of its last issue.

B.:-|

Posted by: Jim Rockhill (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2003 10:47PM
I would purchase it. Given time, I might even be able to participate.

Jim

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2003 07:35PM
Ron Hilger and I were planning a successor to THE DARK EIDOLON after we publish the proceedings of the Boulder Relocation Conference, but my recent accident (broken arm, on medical leave) has sort of screwed up those plans. Derrick Hussey is still planning on publishing a collection of critical essays on CAS that I'm editing. This will consist of both old and new essays. We were planning on issuing it this summer, but decided to wait until next year to allow the publication of CAS' SELECTED LETTERS (due out early in October, from the latest I've heard) to perculate through the community and fertilize new ideas. So even if we don't see a new journal soon, there will be a major forum for new essays on CAS.
Incidentally, Necronomicon Press will be issuing both LOVECRAFT STUDIES and STUDIES IN WEIRD FICTION as double-issue Annuals, and the latter is practically guaranteed to have something about CAS.

Best wishes,
Scott Connors

Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: 17 September, 2003 07:42AM
I am not sure that a regular magazine is feasible. A yearbook or annual of stories and criticism, however, is an attractive possibility.

With the recent emergence of previously unpublished texts, first draft manuscripts of edited magazine stories, letters and reminicsences, that kind of tome would be very welcome. (Still pining for STrange Shadows - missed it the first time around ...)

Posted by: Gavin Smith (IP Logged)
Date: 17 September, 2003 08:02AM
Dear H. Langhans,

In what way are you pining for Strange Shadows,
and how did you miss it the first time around?
Can it be that you desire to purchase a copy?
I can help you acquire one. Please write to
gavinicuss@hotmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page