Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
What to read next ?
Posted by: Stefan M. Schumacher (IP Logged)
Date: 1 October, 2003 06:48PM
Hi

So far I have read the Emperor of Dreams from the Fantasy Masterworks Series and A Rendezvous in Averoigne by Arkham.(Oh and also The Black Diamonds) I also own The Last Oblivion but sadly my access to poetry is rather limited.
Are there any other books with stories from CAS currently in print ? I especially loved the Zothique-Tales and would like to know if the books I mentioned before include all the stories in these setting or if there are others ?

Bye
Stefan

Re: What to read next ?
Posted by: Boyd Pearson (IP Logged)
Date: 1 October, 2003 06:59PM
in print:
http://www.eldritchdark.com/misc/in_print.html

contents of zothique cycle:
http://www.eldritchdark.com/misc/cycle/index.html

Necronomicon press's Zothique Tales is listed on abe.com

I can never really answer what to read next questions - it would always be "everything" for me.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 3 October, 2003 05:41AM
Well, Night Shade Books will publish in the next month RED WORLD OF POLARIS, consisting of two previously published sf novelettes and one unpublished novelette. Arkham House is supposed to ship SELECTED LETTERS OF CAS in November (see PUBLISHER'S WEEKLY 10-13-03 issue for review). On other matters, John Pelan will publish a collection of CAS' sf, called STAR CHANGES, once Ron Hilger and I receive the rest of the mss from Brown University. It will contain the best of CAS' sf not in RENDEZVOUS, ie "A Star Change," "Phoenix," "The Demon of the Flower," "The Plutonian Drug," "The Light from Beyond," "The Letter from Mohaun Los," and others, and will be limited to 500 copies. Finally, if enough people contact Robert K. Wiener at Donald M. Grant Publishers and ask what the hold-up is on the long-delayed THE AVEROIGNE CHRONICLES, perhaps he can be persuaded to postpone one of his innumerable Stephen King limited editions long enough to bring out the CAS book.
Oh, not-so-finally: Seele-Brennt Publishers will be issuing a limited edition of CAS' THE BLACK BOOK, with annotations by Nick Christakos. The same company will also be publishing LOST WORLDS: THE JOURNAL OF CLARK ASHTON SMITH STUDIES, quarterly, with the first issue out probably no later than January. Guess who's editing it? First issue will feature a symposium on the new CAS stories, with Harlan Ellison, Brian Stableford, S. T. Joshi and Steve Behrends signed up so far. It will also contain James Blish's legendary article "Eblis in Bakelite," with a response/rebuttal by Donald Sidney-Fryer, plus a color cover illustrating a painting by CAS. ANyone interested in contributing criticism please contact me, we pay three cents a word for feature articles.
Best,
Scott

Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2003 12:56PM
Hallo Stefan!

Wir sind hier drüben ja nicht gerade gesegnet mit CAS Originalen, aber ich kann Dir in diesem Zusammenhang "THE LAST CONTINENT - New Tales Of Zothique" (ed. John Pelan, Shadow Lands Press) empfehlen, ein sehr hübsches Buch, das einige echt tolle Zothique Geschichten von diversen zeitgenössischen Autoren enthält (u.a. dem inkommensurablen Rhys Hughes, Brian McNaughton, Gene Wolfe, ...) und die mit Sicherheit mehr Substanz haben, als die üblichen Pastiches.

Ansonsten solltest Du einfach bei http://www.bookfinder.com, www.abebooks.com oder natürlich ebay immer wieder mal die Augen aufhalten, nach second hand Exemplaren von CAS.

Beste Grüße

Holger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page