Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: H P Lovecraft, Cold Weather, and Ice Cream
Posted by: Ken K. (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2010 03:48PM
Thanks for catching that typo, Silas! I was going to edit it out, but heck, I think I'll leave it for any possible amusement value it may have.

Here's another bright idea: what about a Lovecraftian cookbook? Granted, his culinary horizons were rather limited. At least he liked blisteringly-hot chili con carne. (Maybe that's why he was so fond of ice cream--had to cool down his tastebuds). The range of recipes could be extended to include the other Weird Tales writers--there must be a few recipes floating around somewhere. I know Robert E. Howard liked Mint Juleps...

Posted by: deuce (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2010 04:58PM
When it came to food, HPL was surprisingly sensual. He liked the Heat and the Sweet. Since I throw a Lovecraft b-day party every year, I've ended up compiling quite a list of the Old Man's favorite foods. Besides sweets of all kinds and chili, he was also fond of (non-seafood) New England fare. In addition, highly spiced curry, Italian cuisine and cheeses of all kinds.

Rusty Burke compiled most of REH's quotes about food in an article posted over on the REHupa site. Howard also liked spicy food and was fond of ice cream.

Perhaps someone needs to start a "The Gustatory CAS" thread?

Posted by: Iranon (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2010 03:50AM
Speaking of HPL and cold weather--

I invite you all to check out my unabridged narration of At the Mountains of Madness. This is a free podcast/download at www.UvulaAudio.com. Six MP3 files running a total of about 5 hours.

Brrrrrr!!

Posted by: australianreaderdotcom (IP Logged)
Date: 2 December, 2010 12:36AM
Of course, any Lovecraftian icecream marketed around Great Cthulhu would have to be... squid-flavoured....

Blog: The Cruellest Month -- [the-cruellest-month.blogspot.com.au]

Goto Page: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page