Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2010 09:44PM
is this weekend (Oct 1 to 3): [www.hplfilmfestival.com]. There will be a panel on CAS featuring Ron, David Verba, Jessica Salmonson, and Dick Lupoff. So if you're in the Portland, OR area, stop by. The short blocks are always worth watching, and a couple of the films (AM1200, PAN'S LABYRINTH) are pretty good.

Scott

Re: H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival
Posted by: Eldritch Frog (IP Logged)
Date: 1 October, 2010 01:34PM
I wonder if the new HPLS movie will be there? Their site said they were close to finishing it a month ago and they were aiming to have a rough cut for various film festivals.

[cthulhulives.pointinspace.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 1 Oct 10 | 01:35PM by Eldritch Frog.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2010 01:13PM
The final edit has been completed, but it still needs to be scored. They did show a scene from the final cut, along with a new trailer. They submitted it one of the more prestigious film festivals, since they hope to achieve a limited theatrical release on the art house circuit. So far everything that I've seen indicates that they have hit the x in the 10 ring.

Posted by: wilum pugmire (IP Logged)
Date: 4 May, 2012 12:50PM
Circumstances have nigh made it possible for me to attend the 2012 H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival & Cthulhu Con next week-end. I'm thrilled yet cautious, as I'm still experiencing weakness due to congestive heart failure, and it is a long trek from the motel where most of stay to ye theatre. If any of you will be attending and have cars, I may try to con ye into taxi service nigh & again. I am especially excited about seeing THE WHISPERER IN DARKNESS on the big screen! There is something intoxicating about lingering among hundreds of Lovecraftians, and I ache for such company. I doubt I'll be doing any panels, but I will be reading from my just-published new collection from Hippocampus Press. I hope to meet some of y'all there!

"I'm a little girl."
--H. P. Lovecraft, Esq.

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 6 May, 2012 06:28PM
William P. - If you have CHF, why are you not on the Heart Transplant list? - if you are, let me know as I may be of some help to you - it is the only thing to do for it long term - why wait? The suffering Poet belongs to another era, not this one. - and do let anyone tell you NO if you are uninsured - that's BS - at the very least you can get into a Univ. Med. School run by the State.

Posted by: wilum pugmire (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2012 08:00PM
I'm not on any heart transplant list or any such thing. I have a heart doctor and I take me meds, that's as much as I want to do. The only reason I want to live is to share life with the man I love and write Lovecraftian weird fiction until I go ga-ga. Scott Connors was my room-mate this past week-end at the Lovecraft Film Festival, and he made me feel confident that my health is stable. He took my blood pressure and watched me down my heart meds. So, as long as I take it easy, I think I'll be fine. The one thing coming up that may tempt extreme activity is the forthcoming NecronomiCon in Providence, Rhode Island in August of 2013. One of the great charms of dwelling in Providence is walking to various Lovecraft sites, and that is something I must avoid at all costs--much as I ache to stand once more before 10 Barnes Street.

"I'm a little girl."
--H. P. Lovecraft, Esq.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15 May 12 | 08:01PM by wilum pugmire.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page