Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Who would win in a fight?
Posted by: jelio (IP Logged)
Date: 1 May, 2011 08:34PM
Who do you think would win in a fight,

Clark Ashton Smith's Colossus of Ylourgne or Abraham Merritt's Metal Monster?

In my opinion Smith's Colossus would get off the first blows with his giant Averoigne ancient pine tree bludgeon, but the Metal monster would over time cut him to pieces.

-Jeremy

Re: Who would win in a fight?
Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 4 May, 2011 12:48PM
Once, a famous professor of mine, Dr. Jack Finegan was asked by a student being assigned to the Pacific Norhwest what she should do if she encountered "Bigfoot" - Prof. Finegan, in his best Oklahoma laconic style peered over his lectern and said, "outthink him" - it is this latter which I think the Collossus has a small advantage -

Posted by: Ken K. (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2011 12:37PM
In addition to CAS's Colossus of Ylourgne and Merritt's Metal Monster, you could add HPL's Cthulhu and Jack Vance's Living City of Ampridatvir (from The Dying Earth) to make up a four-way throwdown in your mental arena. This would make a nice claymation short.

This has to be the silliest CAS thread yet!

Posted by: Gill Avila (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2011 02:26PM
It could be even stranger. Who'd win if Quachil Uttaus (The Treader of the Dust), got mixed up in a cage fight? Pity the poor fool who got teamed up with him in a tag-team match.

Posted by: MediaGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2011 11:33AM
Well, the Collossus has better reach and speed, but the Metal Monster can take a lot of punishment and has a wicked left uppercut. Also, I heard the Collossus has been ditching training lately since he began dating Shub-Niggurath. All-in-all, I'd predict the Metal Monster by close decision in six rounds.

Posted by: Knygatin (IP Logged)
Date: 4 June, 2011 06:23AM
Neither the Metal Monster nor the Colossus of Ylourgne will win out against Knygathin Zhaum! They may step on him, and he will bounce back like a rubber ball; with a shrewd expression of winding eyes. The Metal Monster may chop him to pieces, but his body parts will reassemble, over and over. Eventually he will climb on top of the Metal Monster, pluck out its vital parts, and short-circuit the "brain". And lure out the Colossus of Ylourgne into the sea to be drowned... the feet first dissolving, gradually the legs, and finally the whole bulk toppling over.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page