Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
SCOTT CONNORS "L'Affaire Barlow"
Posted by: OConnor,CD (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2011 12:16AM
Scott,

In a post many moons ago you mentioned you were working on an upcoming essay on R.H. Barlow entitled "L'Affaire Barlow". How is your project progressing? Is it ready because I'd love to purchase it from you.

Re: SCOTT CONNORS "L'Affaire Barlow"
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2011 01:30AM
I am behind on everything due to a spell of miserable health over the past couple of years (just had surgery to correct a bad knee a few weeks ago). I eventually will write this up, but real life conspires against us all.

Re: SCOTT CONNORS "L'Affaire Barlow"
Posted by: wilum pugmire (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2011 06:53PM
I am very excited about the new book from Hippocampus Press, Dim-Remembered Stories: A Critical Study of R. H. Barlow, by Massimo Berruti:

"The life and work of Robert Hayward Barlow (1918-1951) has received remarkably little study from scholars, who see in him only one of the acolytes (and the literary executor) of the great American supernaturalist H. P. Lovecraft. But, as this pioneering study by Italian scholar Massimo Berruti establishes, Barlow was a distinguished writer in his own right--the author of dozens of provocative tales of fantasy and horror and of several volumes of thought-provoking poetry. Berruti undertakes a full-scale structuralist anaylsis of Barlow's work, studying such central themes as cosmicism, time, nature, and irony, and subjecting such celebrated tales as 'A Dim-Remembered Story' and 'The Night Ocean' to penetrating analysis. Berutti concludes his study with perspicacious observations on Barlow as a free-verse poet.

"Massimo Berutti teaches Semiotics of Narrativity and Semiotics of Interpretation at Helsinki Univeristy, Finland. He is the author of many articles on H. P. Lovecraft and other writers that have appeared in such journals as Lovecraft Studies, Studies in Fantasy Literature, Studi Lovecraftiani, and Semiotica. He has also translated Lovecraft's Il guardiano dei sogni (2007) and other volumes of fiction and literary criticism.

"I'm a little girl."
--H. P. Lovecraft, Esq.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page