> sees no other offensive content. There were some
> words whose definitions we were unable to
> discover--but we have faith in your morality, sir,
> and will trust that there is no more overtly
> sexual contet buried within your recondite
> vocabulary--especially toward the end, where
> art--generally a wholesome practice--dominates the
> coyntent--excuse me--content.

Well... I felt discoyntent with the coyntent and tweaked summore...

IMAGINE... on the Empress Faustine's gilded pleasure-barge gliding down the Amazon in the palæolithic with Krafft-Ebbing at the tiller... an absinthe-sipping Dowson amanuensing an opium-smoking Huysmans paraphrasing a cocaïna-injecting Firbank translating a palimpsestic Syriac ms. of the gnostic Gospel of Elagabalus bound in the breast-skin of La Morte Amoureuse and studded with smaragds from Akhenaten's tomb... under a canopy painted in lapis lazuli, molten ruby, and polychromatic dryad-tears by Michelangelo, Delville, and the resurrected maîtres of Lascaux... as the essential oils of mandrake, blood-lily, and aconitum fume from a nyctaloptic nigromancer's anaglyptographic alembic of meteoric manganese... to the musical accompaniment of a zombie Crowley playing, on a silver-sheathed flute fashioned from the left femur of Cleopatra, Corelli's transcription of Throbbing Gristle's cover of a lost collaboration between Wagner, Dzagdashvili, and Wi(3)-Leu(1)...

I wondered whether "Martian canal" wd be better'n "the Amazon," coz that gets in a cosmic, extra-terrestrial reference... but nah. Amazonia's rich, complex and febrile. More CAS-ean, IOW.

Goto Page: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page