Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Yog-Sothothic versification.
Posted by: Age of Fable (IP Logged)
Date: 3 October, 2011 09:52AM
Quote:
Did you ever pour over the translations of old runes or ancient works in another language? There's a feeling of distance between you and the ideas presented: the words make you *feel* the time and space between you and the original. The New Death gives me that sensation in every piece. It's a rare and beautiful thing to have a contemporary piece of writing (of any kind) contain this essence. It invokes mystery, as if you are reading a translation of something ancient.
Review here.

I've recently put out an ebook of my writing. It includes a retelling of Clark Ashton Smith's The Garden of Adompha as a poem. I've also done similar retellings of HP Lovecraft's Under the Pyramids, Robert E. Howard's King Kull story The Mirrors of Tuzun Thune, and Lord Dunsany's Charon.

There's a lot more that should be of interest to people on this forum. Here's the blurb.

---

Death gets a roommate...

An electronic Pope faces a difficult theological question...

A wicked vizier makes a terrible bargain...

44 stories. 19 poems. No whiny vampires. There's a thin line between genius and insanity, and James Hutchings has just crossed it - but from which direction?

---

You can get it from Amazon (kindle) or Smashwords (a variety of formats).

Or, you can get a free copy if you agree to do a review, either on your blog or on a relevant forum. If you're interested in doing that, please contact me (news@apolitical.info), letting me know where you'll put the review and what file format is best for you.

Thanks,
James.

Teleleli The people, places, gods and monsters of the great city and the islands around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 3 Oct 11 | 09:54AM by Age of Fable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page