Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
CAS Painting for sale
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2011 05:37PM
Health and employment issues make my current financial situation less secure than I would like, so I am offering for sale an original watercolor painting by CAS, "Spring Clouds," which I purchased several years ago from Carolyn Wakefield's (Smith's widow) grandson. It may be seen in the Galleries by Clark A. Smith section on this website. See [www.eldritchdark.com]. The painting itself measures roughly 13" by 13"; a precise size is difficult to determine since I've had it professionally matted and framed.

Serious offers are solicited. Shipping will probably be a bit on the expensive side due to insurance and packing requirement. Thanks.

Scott

Re: CAS Painting for sale
Date: 13 October, 2011 05:44PM
I should mention that the scan does not do the painting justice.

Posted by: Radovarl (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2011 06:16PM
I doubt I can afford it, but would it be possible to see it matted/framed?

Date: 13 October, 2011 08:46PM
I don't own a camera, but will see what I can do.

Posted by: weorcstan (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2011 02:36AM
I love CAS’s artwork, but I have no idea what a “serious offer” would be. I can’t see a way to e-mail you privately, so I am posting to the list. Do you have a way of getting my e-mail from the site’s admin? Or maybe you can post what various other paintings of his have sold for? I wouldn’t have to pay for the shipping anyway, as I am sometimes in your area (if it is around Grass Valley as I recall anyway). Thanks!

Date: 14 October, 2011 01:22PM
Click on my name to get my email. And if you are in the Grass Valley area, we can meet. I live in Yuba County myself, which is the next county over.

Scott

Date: 31 October, 2011 08:23PM
I now have digital photographs of the painting in its frame. There is some glare from reflected light, but it gives a pretty good idea of what it looks like.

Scott

Date: 2 November, 2011 01:34PM
After speaking with several dealers and other CAS collectors, price for "Spring Clouds" is set at $2100, including shipping within the continental U.S. Full-size Smith paintings (as opposed to sketches or drawings) don't come on the market very often, and the last one that I know of sold for twice as much a couple of years ago.

Scott

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page