Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 1234567AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 7
Tales Of India And Irony
Posted by: Absquatch (IP Logged)
Date: 1 November, 2011 05:12PM
I've taken the liberty of creating this thread as a sort of "sticky" or placeholder for subsequent announcements related to the publication and availability of Tales of India and Irony.

Re: Tales Of India And Irony
Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 2 November, 2011 07:32AM
It is now The Miscellaneous Writings of Clark Ashton Smith.

Date: 2 November, 2011 08:06AM
Quote:
The Miscellaneous Writings of Clark Ashton Smith.

Figures! Oh, well, the original title is catchier, so perhaps this thread can still serve its original purpose.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 4 November, 2011 06:30PM
Received my copies today. They were drop-shipped from the printer, so I imagine it will still take a couple of weeks for Night Shade to receive, process and ship all advance orders and dealer orders. HAven't had a chance to go over it closely yet, but it looks okay.

Posted by: Radovarl (IP Logged)
Date: 4 November, 2011 08:57PM
Great, however delayed. Unfortunately, I won't be receiving it, as Night Shade stopped taking preorders for the complete set a day early and I wasn't able to reserve a copy. I guess I'll look for it on the secondary market.

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 5 November, 2011 05:10AM
Radovarl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great, however delayed. Unfortunately, I won't be
> receiving it, as Night Shade stopped taking
> preorders for the complete set a day early and I
> wasn't able to reserve a copy. I guess I'll look
> for it on the secondary market.

Then I think I've got a nice surprise for you... [www.nightshadebooks.com]

Strangely more info and the cover on amazon... [www.amazon.co.uk]

EDIT: I've just looked at the close-up of the cover... it's hilarious! Best cover yet! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 5 Nov 11 | 05:12AM by The English Assassin.

Date: 5 November, 2011 09:26AM
As The English Assassin notes, this book is now available to non-subscribers, and will be sold via such outlets as Amazon. The scheduled release date is December 6, and, based upon the additional information that Scott provides, above, that date should be firm. (I've pre-ordered my copy from Amazon.)

Many thanks again to all concerned who made this volume available to those of us who missed or opted out of the subscription.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 5 Nov 11 | 09:33AM by Absquatch.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 5 November, 2011 08:17PM
I have some extra copies that I'll sell, signed by Ron and myself, at $30.00 postpaid. I take PayPal.

Scott

Date: 20 November, 2011 03:16PM
Amazon is now listing The Miscellaneous Writings of Clark Ashton Smith as "In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process". ANd they have the cover art too.

Posted by: asshurbanipal (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2011 11:24AM
Amazon have theirs? Then all advance orders from Night Shade Books should be with us before Christmas. Yes? No? Yes?

Date: 23 November, 2011 07:46PM
I can't speak regarding Night Shade, which I am delighted to have bypassed during this process, but, according to Amazon, my copy is due to arrive on November 28.

Date: 24 November, 2011 04:29AM
Absquatch Wrote:
> I can't speak regarding Night Shade, which I am
> delighted to have bypassed during this process,
> but, according to Amazon, my copy is due to arrive
> on November 28.

Same here - apparently mine is en route... :) Well done, Scott - this has been a marvellous journey! Out of interest, how many years of your life have you dedicated to this?

Posted by: casofile (IP Logged)
Date: 24 November, 2011 06:05PM
This is Scott, replying on Ron's computer as he graciously invited me over for Thanksgiving dinner. Thank you for your kind words. As for how long I've been at work on this edition of CAS: IIRC Jason Williams of Night Shade Books first approached me (at the kind recommendation of Mr. Joshi) while I was living in South Carolina, which would have been in 2000 or 1999. There were problems in negotiating with Arkham House, but that problem has been overcome (obviously). We published RED WORLD OF POLARIS in 2003, and that sealed the deal, basically. Anyway, that's done. We're working on a volume of the artwork, prose poems, and essays for Centipede Press (book will be reasonably priced, for a CP title that is :D ), and I'm drafting the biography. So I still have to fulfill all of the terms of the geas laid upon me so many years when I first visited Auburn by Helen Sully Trimble!

Scott

Date: 25 November, 2011 05:23AM
Hmmmm... I wonder what a reasonably priced book by CP will cost? I'm guessing it'll still be approximately $100 or more... which equates to £75+ this side of the pond once shipping is accounted for... Maybe less if it's available via amazon, but that's not always the case with the small presses...

Out of interest, does anyone know if Arkham House actually publish any more or do they just make a living flogging the remainder of their Lovecraft collection?

Date: 25 November, 2011 05:46AM
The English Assassin Wrote:
> Hmmmm... I wonder what a reasonably priced book by
> CP will cost? I'm guessing it'll still be
> approximately $100 or more... which equates to
> £75+ this side of the pond once shipping is
> accounted for... Maybe less if it's available via
> amazon, but that's not always the case with the
> small presses...

Their ed. of the Wandrei novels will be $75, I think, and their ed. of Leiber's Our Lady of Darkness will be $65. They also have preorder deals fairly often.

>
> Out of interest, does anyone know if Arkham House
> actually publish any more or do they just make a
> living flogging the remainder of their Lovecraft
> collection?

It's been in limbo, more or less, since the death of April Derleth earlier this year. But they released a nice facsimile ed. of The Arkham Sampler not too long ago -- was it last year?

Goto Page: 1234567AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page